Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
now those look genuine! look at how smooth the threads are! Catch can is pointless and waste of money. Use the cleaners, premium fuel, change oil frequently.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Just inspected the box of NGK spark plugs I bought from advanced auto parts and the box that has 4 plugs say it “assembled in Thailand “ and the other other two say “ made in Japan “
Others than that they looks identical.

Are any problems here mixing them together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
dont use the ones bought online, only use local store ones.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
DZ,
After how many cans of BG 44K Platinum should I start to see some improvemen? I am almost finished a gas tank with one bottle already.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Pings should be gone after one can.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I put poured a bottle of this with the engine oil and it seems to stop or slow down the oil consumption.

I am on a second can of BG 44k platinum

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You dont need add 44k every fill up. A Can couple thousand miles will do a trick.
You do understand that engine restorer is for worn compression rings or worn out cylinders? This is not root cause of oil consumption on J37 engines.
So no, it did not stop or slow down consumption, but possibly made it worse.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
any mechanic in a bottle like that engine restore makes your car faster by lightening your wallet!

Stick with the BG44K every so often and change oil and oil filter frequently (every 3K miles). Use good 5W-30 oil that has some cleaning properties (not the cheap oil, not the stupid expensive stuff either, M1 extended performance should be fine from walmart). Have you taken off the valve covers and intake manifold to clean out the PCV and EGR system?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
any mechanic in a bottle like that engine restore makes your car faster by lightening your wallet!

Stick with the BG44K every so often and change oil and oil filter frequently (every 3K miles). Use good 5W-30 oil that has some cleaning properties (not the cheap oil, not the stupid expensive stuff either, M1 extended performance should be fine from walmart). Have you taken off the valve covers and intake manifold to clean out the PCV and EGR system?
On a 2nd bottle of BG44K platinum and I don’t seem to hear anymore pings. Maybe there are some there but the pinging sounds are so low. I need to test going up on a very steep hill to be conclusive.

Been using M1 fully synthetic 5w-30 and recently switched to penzoid ultra platinum 5w-30 with FRAME XG7317 Ultra Synthetic

Plan to clean PCV, EGR and intake manifold soon. Question on EGR. Are you referring to the EGR valve? Remove and clean?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, that is the EGR valve. One of the EGR passages goes to the in take manifold. Therefore, it is better to clean both at the same time. Also, you need to have a scanner with the option to reset the throttle position to avoid high engine idling after cleaning the intake and throttle.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
EGR and TB plate runs cleaner in 10+ models compared to older models

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Yes, that is the EGR valve. One of the EGR passages goes to the in take manifold. Therefore, it is better to clean both at the same time. Also, you need to have a scanner with the option to reset the throttle position to avoid high engine idling after cleaning the intake and throttle.
What is the best way to clean the EGR passages after removing the EGR valve? Spray a lot of brake cleaner in there and then suck it out? It’s not easy to remove that EGR passage pipe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
DZ,
I am very impressed with BG44K PLATINUM!
The engine pings are gone after 2 bottles.
I drove the vehicle for a few hours and let the engine run hot (212 F) by not turning on the AC and the weather is in the 70F. I don’t hear a single pings. You are the man for recommending the platinum!

Last year I tried the 2 cans of BG44K regular and it didn’t working and that is why I was hesitant to try it again. But when I read a review on Amazon the PLATINUM version is more effective and stronger so I gave it a shot and I and glad I did.

So the question is what exactly does the BG44K do? Cleaning the carbon deposits or just adding more octane boost in the fuel?

Another question. What is the solution to oil consumption. If my engine keep consuming oil I will am back to more carbon deposits buildup again.

·
Registered
473 Posts
What is the best way to clean the EGR passages after removing the EGR valve? Spray a lot of brake cleaner in there and then suck it out? It’s not easy to remove that EGR passage pipe.

No, don’t remove any pipes. Just remove EGR and intake manifold. I use carb cleaner because it disolves carbon and fuel gunk faster. I then spray it, let the fluis soak everything and then use compressed air at the intake side to flush it out while keeping a good rag at the EGR port.

·
Registered
209 Posts
DZ,
I am very impressed with BG44K PLATINUM!
The engine pings are gone after 2 bottles.
I drove the vehicle for a few hours and let the engine run hot (212 F) by not turning on the AC and the weather is in the 70F. I don’t hear a single pings. You are the man for recommending the platinum!

Last year I tried the 2 cans of BG44K regular and it didn’t working and that is why I was hesitant to try it again. But when I read a review on Amazon the PLATINUM version is more effective and stronger so I gave it a shot and I and glad I did.

So the question is what exactly does the BG44K do? Cleaning the carbon deposits or just adding more octane boost in the fuel?

Another question. What is the solution to oil consumption. If my engine keep consuming oil I will am back to more carbon deposits buildup again.

You know that running the AC on makes the engine run hotter NOT cooler right? BK44 cleans the deposits.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
No, don’t remove any pipes. Just remove EGR and intake manifold. I use carb cleaner because it disolves carbon and fuel gunk faster. I then spray it, let the fluis soak everything and then use compressed air at the intake side to flush it out while keeping a good rag at the EGR port.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There is no need to remove manifold, just manifold butterfly module plate..
I will repeat my self, I don't think this is necessary procedure for 10+ models.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts