21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
DMSO and like you saw in thread BG 211:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Man that is heavy duty sheeeit! So the mopar CCC wasn’t given you good results and you had to do it this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mopar gave excellent results, but i did not like how gritty carbon was after it became lose. Compared to BG ISC which is more like jelly after procedure. On top of that using combustion cleaning machine is more effective on compression and oil rings... While soaking only good for top compression ring.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Redo the compression test and here are the results:

Cylinder 1 = 300+ PSI
Cylinder 2 = 275
Cylinder 3 = 300+
Cylinder 4 = 300+
Cylinder 5 = 300+
Cylinder 6 = 300+

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Redo the compression test and here are the results:

Cylinder 1 = 300+ PSI
Cylinder 2 = 275
Cylinder 3 = 300+
Cylinder 4 = 300+
Cylinder 5 = 300+
Cylinder 6 = 300+

Like I told you, waste of time. Get a BG 44k platinum in to the tank it should take care of pings to the minimum after tank of fuel.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I will probably need to install oil catch can to reduce future carbon buildup.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
DZ,
After cleaning all those spark plugs the engine ping has reduce about 50-70%. I ordered 4 bottles of BG 44k platinum ($90) and 6 NGK iridium plugs ($65) from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
DZ,
After cleaning all those spark plugs the engine ping has reduce about 50-70%. I ordered 4 bottles of BG 44k platinum ($90) and 6 NGK iridium plugs ($65) from Amazon.

Cancel amazon order, and get ones from advance auto parts, Denso SXU22HCR11S.
There should be a coupon for 20% off when you provide email address. This way you will be sure that the spark plugs are legit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Cancel amazon order, and get ones from advance auto parts, Denso SXU22HCR11S.
There should be a coupon for 20% off when you provide email address. This way you will be sure that the spark plugs are legit.
Thank for the 20% off head up!
I am getting NGK 5787 (ILZKR7B-11S) $16.50 each plus 20% off

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
DZ,
I am just so glad that I did the compression test! Now my engine is 95% ping free! If I haven’t done the compression test I wouldn’t had found out plug #1 & #2 were almost completely covered with carbon deposits. Now the engine running almost ping free because I cleaned plug #1 & #2. I also noticed quick and smooth acceleration responses.

Yup, I better get all those spark plugs replace soon.

·
Registered
446 Posts
DZ,
I am just so glad that I did the compression test! Now my engine is 95% ping free! If I haven’t done the compression test I wouldn’t had found out plug #1 & #2 were almost completely covered with carbon deposits. Now the engine running almost ping free because I cleaned plug #1 & #2. I also noticed quick and smooth acceleration responses.

Yup, I better get all those spark plugs replace soon.

You could have found that out by simply checking the spark plugs also right?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
You could have found that out by simply checking the spark plugs also right?
Yes but I didn’t expect the spark plugs to get these bad and never thought about it as the culprit. Will see if the engine pings come back

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Amazon has lots of fake parts, surprised you got this far with those plugs. I've seen 2 engines trashed from fake plugs from ebay/amazon.

Clean out PCV system, change oil very frequently (every 3K miles) and use the cleaners suggested by DZ.

The PCV and EGR hold lots of crud. If you take of the intake manifold and the throttle body you'll see how dirty it can get once the engine starts drinking oil.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Amazon has lots of fake parts, surprised you got this far with those plugs. I've seen 2 engines trashed from fake plugs from ebay/amazon.

Clean out PCV system, change oil very frequently (every 3K miles) and use the cleaners suggested by DZ.

The PCV and EGR hold lots of crud. If you take of the intake manifold and the throttle body you'll see how dirty it can get once the engine starts drinking oil.
I will remove the intake manifold and do some cleaning. Question. Does the oil catch can installation will help to reduce the amount of oil vapor circulating in the EGR system and cutting down on carbon deposits inside the cylinders ?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I will remove the intake manifold and do some cleaning. Question. Does the oil catch can installation will help to reduce the amount of oil vapor circulating in the EGR system and cutting down on carbon deposits inside the cylinders ?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
As pointed out your compression is far too high...
Suspect heavy carbon deposits are raising your compression.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts