Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the death rate vs new born in the United States? I assume it’s the same. It should follows law of nature’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to the CDC for 2015:

Number of births: 3,978,497
Birth rate: 12.4 per 1,000 population

Number of deaths: 2,712,630
Death rate: 844.0 deaths per 100,000 population

I have no idea why they list births per 1,000 and the deaths per 100,000.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is the correct/ideal number of people on this planet?
That depends on how they behave. Modern humans do not have a very good history of living in harmony with the needs of their ecosystem. Over time, this trait is likely to be subject to negative selective pressure. We have done pretty well at escaping predation, but thirst, famine, and asphyxiation could catch up with us on a truly epic scale.

Have a nice day... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
Registered
869 Posts
There is no fundamental reason that death rate and birth rate should be the same in any population. Overall population of any species is regulated in nature by multiple factors, including birth rate, predation, disease, and availability of food. Overall populations in any particular area may vary greatly with prevailing conditions at any given time. When a large population experiences a sudden decline in conditions, the population crashes.

In the past, people in America had large families but relatively few of their offspring survived to reproductive age. This situation persists to some extent in less developed countries, but modern medicine and improved nutrition have extended typical life span.

Some animals have the capability to delay gestation of already fertilized eggs until conditions are suitable for raising their young. Other animals abandon or eat their young if things don't look good. Law of the jungle. Nature has no knowledge of or interest in "morality". That's a human concept. And humans can't seem to agree on "morality", which is why periodic self-inflicted human population purges take place. Wars.

There are few species in nature that go out of their way to kill adults of their own kind. Even predators who are competing for mates or territory usually have the good sense to "agree to disagree" and part company rather than fight to the death. So who are savage, and who are not?

Time to watch a silly comedy on Netflix...

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Any students here?
I read a lot of books. This is fiction and detectives. I am studying at university now. I have little time because I work. Therefore,I have not been reading books recently, even those that are necessary for studying. I even ordered https://edubirdie.com/book-report-help book report help several times. If there was time, I would read books with pleasure.
Because I like it. But now other circumstances.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Of course, if you don't make a million mistakes in your essay, then it is your fault. But I had cases when I put my whole soul into the essay, described my worldview and points of view on the problem in it, but got bad grades, because my teacher had completely different views on life. But I found best essay writing service and they did the very best for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts