Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On pages 345 and 346 of the owners manual (from the CD)...it tells how to calibrate the compass and set the compass zone. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get into this function. Here's the excerpt:

1. Set the power mode to on.
2. On the top screen of any audio source, press and hold <enter> for 5 seconds. The display switches to the compass settings screen.
3. Rotate to select to select Calibration then press <enter>
4. When the display changes to Calibration Start press <enter>
5. Drive the vehicle slowy in two circles.

Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
On pages 345 and 346 of the owners manual (from the CD)...it tells how to calibrate the compass and set the compass zone. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get into this function. Here's the excerpt:

2. On the top screen of any audio source, press and hold for 5 seconds. The display switches to the compass settings screen.
3. Rotate to select to select Calibration then press
4. When the display changes to Calibration Start press

Turn on the car (engine on since you will be to drive anyway), make sure the audio is on the top screen by getting the audio mode button, hold the enter/select knob button until it goes to compass calibration screen, turn the knob when to calibrate, when done push the enter/select knob button, drive in two circles.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done this and just tried it again. It still won't enter the Compass Settings Screen...not sure what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Hm have you had a software update at any time? i wonder if they changed the procedure during those. I thought there was also a selection in the settings menu under navigation settings.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had it at the Acura Dealer several weeks ago and they said the software was up to date. I'll check the nav menu settings in a little while.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

2. On the top screen of any audio source, press and hold <enter> for 5 seconds. The display switches to the compass settings screen.
3. Rotate to select to select Calibration then press <enter>
4. When the display changes to Calibration Start press <enter>

It would always help if we knew what year car you had. Make sure the top screen is set to an audio source.

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes - I can see where this would be very helpful! 2017 SH-AWD Tech Package. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Again,make sure top screen is on an audio source.
It is - I’ve tried it on several: SiriusXM, FM, Aux…still nothing. I’m wondering since I have navigation it sets the zone automatically and calibration is also done automatically. If someone has nav on their MDX please see if you’re able to access compass settings. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It is - I’ve tried it on several: SiriusXM, FM, Aux…still nothing. I’m wondering since I have navigation it sets the zone automatically and calibration is also done automatically. If someone has nav on their MDX please see if you’re able to access compass settings. Thanks!
Interesting. I have both the regular and the entertainment manual. There is no mention at all of compass calibration.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If you notice your manual,there is an asterisk after compass. Not available on all models. Only base models have that option. Since all others have Nav. Why would you need to calibrate the compass? If it’s wrong,you have bigger issues.

·
Registered
2017 MDX SH-AWD Tech
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you notice your manual,there is an asterisk after compass. Not available on all models. Only base models have that option. Since all others have Nav. Why would you need to calibrate the compass? If it’s wrong,you have bigger issues.
This is what I’m thinking now. Cars I’ve owned previously with nav have allowed me to get to compass settings. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts