Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to see what everyone thought of what ive done to my x recently. Nothing big just a little plastidip. Thought i would cover the wood grain interior and did the exterior badges as well. Far from done but i think its a good start.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Not my taste, for sure.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Oh God. The green was bad but the Monster logo makes baby kittens cry.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have been thinking about powder coating my golf cart’s steering wheel accents but maybe I’ll try the dip.

I have used black and white dip for gutters and I noticed the white was runny while the black was solid. How’s the green?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the green worked great, this was the duplicolor custom wrap spray and i did black and green. i noticed that with lighter colors we as people have a non conscious tendency to lay it on thicker (due to us not noticing it as well as the black) which causes it to run. if i were to do this again i would definitely take more time on prep and actually use a base coat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not my taste, but at the end of the day it's yours and if you like it, more power to you.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
735 Posts
the green worked great, this was the duplicolor custom wrap spray and i did black and green. i noticed that with lighter colors we as people have a non conscious tendency to lay it on thicker (due to us not noticing it as well as the black) which causes it to run. if i were to do this again i would definitely take more time on prep and actually use a base coat.
Is it a lime green or more inline with monster green?

Trying to match the attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would definitely say its more in line with monster green. i believe they do make a lime green if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Trying to avoid Lime Green, my cart is more towards the monster green. They have aftermarket steering wheels with lime green accents and it’s too lime.

I assume you are using Sublime Green?

My only option is to custom powder coat or paint so maybe this dip is a good route. Looks like you did a great job.

I am partial to monster green and lime green. So I dig it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am kinda a monster finatic and have been for the past 12 years, the first link is the one i used and it comes out pretty dark, the second is the bright lime green that you prolly wont want.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/custom-wrap-3406/chemicals---fluids-16461/paint---body-repair-16614/paint---plastic--bumper---trim-17758/679a6285095b/dupli-color-custom-wrap-11-ounce-green-removable-coating-paint/cwrc803/4268823/2005/acura/mdx?manufacturer=true&pos=16

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/DC_CWRC862

I believe the neon green is more expensive but not by much. I have the one from oreilly for $5.99 on sale. The nice thing is that its cheap enough and peels right off if you dont like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts