Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tim,

What do you think about selling color matched mud guards on an exchange basis. We send in our black ones, and you send us back painted ones for a "nominal" fee?

Would anyone be interested in this?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I think it's a great idea...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Be realistic guys .... It does cost more than just a nominal fee. Remember one thing, should Tim buy into this kind of stuff and get out of business, we are the ones who loose.

However, a color matched mud guards is a cool idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure if Tim decides that this is something he can do, he will set a fair price. I'd bet that he wouldn't price it so low that he would force his employer into bankruptcy.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Bump

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Hey guys, if I miss a thread, just send me a PM.....with all I do during a day it's easy to pass by sometimes.

I talked to my body shop manager about it....and he told me that paint probably wouldn't adhere to them too well. While the flares and lower trim are ABS plastic, the mudguards are polypropylene, which makes them more flexible, and offers less chance of paint adhesion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard the same thing but I have also seen some posts from people that have painted the mud guards.

Does anyone have experience with painted mud guards?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
jmk4300
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing