Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2016 MDX I have the Acura watch plus. The collision detection system where it automatically breaks is supposed to make a noise to alert you. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't make the noise. Is it just one of those technical glitches like we get with electronics?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
The noise comes when you are "stage 2." If you decrease your detection distance to short you will hear it all the time. Normal not so much.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
***From the manual***
The system has three alert stages for a possible collision. Depending on the circumstances or CMBS settings, CMBS may not go through all of the stages before initiating the last stage.

Stage 1: Visual warnings and audible warning

Stage 2: Visual warnings, audible warning, light seat belt retraction, and light brake application

Stage 3: Visual warnings, audible warning, strong seat belt retraction, and strong brake application

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Oh hmm guess the audible should be from the beginning. I have the same behavior as the OP then. Just visual (usually when it's still quite a ways off, or I begin to brake just as the visual warning goes off), then visual+audible, then v+a+braking, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 2016 Elite version (Canadian) and all this alerts works (even the seat belt retraction). I only heard something at the second level, first was just flush and "BRAKE" , then brakes,seat belt etc etc.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Does the CMBS assume you are 100% distracted before engaging? Does it react differently with cruise control, foot on gas, coasting? Does CMBS lower its intervention or dis-engage if you already have your foot on the brake?

It seems my 11 MDX CMBS dis-engages or not as active if I have my foot on the gas compared to ACC mode? CMBS will engage when using ACC if a car pulls in front me on the hwy; but, it just gives me the brake warning in the same situation when I have my foot on the gas. I still don't trust CMBS 100% in any situation above med traffic congestion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe you need to adjust the warning distance? (not sure how it works in older models) In my case works ok, then the other system who relays in radars, cameras, etc are working as expected. I tried the cruise with a short follow distance and was braking/accelerating well. Braking was a bit exaggerated, but I never felt like being on risk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts