Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
extreme cold (temp in 30's); crank car (2007 MDX); loud thumping noise come from drivers door; loud noise thru audio speakers; stops after car warms up??? Any ideas on this problem and how to solve???

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but 30's is not extreme cold. :) That's downright balmy for us here in the Great White North.

That said, is the thumping noise coming from the area of your mirror? The MDX mirror actuators are terrible! And, they are tied to all the other things that move according to the key that is used to unlock the car. So, when the mirror actuator stalls because it's cold outside, the seat will not move, the steering wheel will not move and there are noises. If this does turn out to be your problem, I have been assured by my dealer and Acura Canada that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be a smart ass, but 30's is not extreme cold. :) That's downright balmy for us here in the Great White North.

That said, is the thumping noise coming from the area of your mirror? The MDX mirror actuators are terrible! And, they are tied to all the other things that move according to the key that is used to unlock the car. So, when the mirror actuator stalls because it's cold outside, the seat will not move, the steering wheel will not move and there are noises. If this does turn out to be your problem, I have been assured by my dealer and Acura Canada that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it.
Thanks for your response! Thumping noise sounds like it's coming from middle/lower part of drivers door; everything else works fine (so far); when car warms up everything works and car runs fine???

Great White North; I can only imagine how difficult your temps are; 30's is cold in North Carolina for most of us. Take care!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I get the static noise through my radio below 50F degrees. I was told its the amplifier and it was a a service bulletin for it years ago to get the amp swapped out. I have not experienced the door issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the stereo on or off when this sound happens? If its on are you on Radio or other source?
Stereo can be on or off; problem still occurs. Read some old posts; referenced possible amp problem, HFL problem, cold contraction circuit connection problem; HFL was disconnected several years ago to prevent battery drain; did not have problem prior to that, so that could be part of the issue. I've read stereo systems installed after 07 model are upgrades because of this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts