Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this question has been answered already. I have a 2011 MDX. I recently purchased a Winplus AC02000606 Coin Holder of off Amazon to organize the change in my vehicle. I put the coin holder in the deepest cupholder next to the gear shifter thinking it would fit. It went in, and I was able to close the slider over it, but I couldn't open the slider back up. Any thoughts on how I should remove it?? My father, who owns the vehicle, is quite angry at me, so I kind of want to fix this quickly. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I looked at that unit on Amazon and it seems that the top of it could/does have some parts that could catch on the underside of the MDX slide. You may even have a coin half out of its slot. If you can open it even a little bit, I would try slipping something slick and thin between the top of the coin holder and the bottom of the slide. Even a piece of printer paper may serve to smooth out the top of the coin holder. Also, try lifting on the handle of the slide as you open it. If you can't even open the slide enough to get something in there, I'm out of advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I can open it the slighest bit, but I should mention I placed the coinholder upside down because I knew the top would not be flat, but that the bottom would be. Yes, I know this was stupid of me but when I slid it over when it was upside down it closed fine. So the paper method won't work. I think the safest bet at this point is just to remove the surrounding plastic wood trim??

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looking at the pics again, it appears that the top of the unit is domed. Putting it in upside down means the unit can rock/tilt the bottom so that it is catching the slide. You can always pull the entire console apart, but I would try sliding something like a thin knife between the slide and the coin unit. If you can rock the coin unit to a full upright position, the slide will open.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i dont think the coin holder has anything to do with it i think you just have a jammed up sticking slider ( been there ) try spraying a little silicone on the slider tracks / rails

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the knife method but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I just ended up separating two of the slats so that I could get it out because there wouldn’t have been any other way unless I just wanted to take apart the wood grain. Only the rubber connection snapped, so should I just a really strong duct tape and not worry about it. The front sliding two are together, and the ones behind it are detached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts