Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need some suggestions and comments.
I have a 2003 MDX with 167k miles. 3 months ago, transmission leaked and mixed with radiator coolant. Replaced radiator and flushed 3x from Acura Dealer for $850. Drove 3k miles, no problem, feels like new. After 3k miles, check engine light was on, code P0741. Dealers said it needs to replace Torque converter clutch solenoid for $620. Did that, next day, the engine light was on again with same code. Acura service said it needs a transmission replacement for $6200. I don't understand that when I drive the car, no slipping, felt changing gears no problem. Only going up hill, I don't want to push it too hard because of the check engine light, worry about it will die on me. I manually changed 3 qt transmission fluid, checked the fluid, looks clean, No metal in the fluid and the screw only has little bit of finest metal. Reset the light, next day for <50 miles, it came back. Anyone has any suggestions? Currently I am waiting for the 2017 mdx. Like the new grill.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All, after few days of driving, the light is off today. I have no idea what's going on and why the P0741 code is showing. Is there a senor somewhere inside the transmission that monitor the condition? But yes, I am cross my fingers to hope it not on and off, and on and off.

Thanks, Wu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts