Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I removed and dissembled the left front strut. The mount appears to be worn. As indicated in the pictures.

The strut itself appears to be normal , no signs of leaking or excessive play.

I greased the strut mount and reassembled (I didn't have a new one). The noise seems ever so slightly better. But given the amount of wear on the mount vs the amount of stress that part takes, I think it's possible that the grease would do nothing.

Any input is appreciated.
I have the same issue as you when I did my overhaul suspension and I didn't get OEM part #11, 13, 14 on the site below.
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-...ngine/chassis-cat/front-shock-absorber-1-scat
I took it to a mechanic and he think it is one of those parts that I mention above.
I use KYB parts got it from Rockauto, so I will be switching those parts out to see if it solved the issue. I must have defected parts I will call RockAuto to get an exchange.
I also thought it was the stabilizer bush and will be replacing that too, still waiting for the parts to come by next weekend.
Let me know if you issue has been solved before my does.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the same issue as you when I did my overhaul suspension and I didn't get OEM part #11, 13, 14 on the site below.
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-...ngine/chassis-cat/front-shock-absorber-1-scat
I took it to a mechanic and he think it is one of those parts that I mention above.
I use KYB parts got it from Rockauto, so I will be switching those parts out to see if it solved the issue. I must have defected parts I will call RockAuto to get an exchange.
I also thought it was the stabilizer bush and will be replacing that too, still waiting for the parts to come by next weekend.
Let me know if you issue has been solved before my does.
Cluncking has been solved my issue is the bearing was broken it was the #13.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any chance you have a picture of the parts removed that we're the cause of the clunk? I'd like to compare it to mine in my picture.
Here is the photo #13 Bearing.
When you remove your struct out inspect your struct I can see my clearly, I also put in new stabilizer bushing.
My car has 160k original suspensions, just replace everything don't try to re-use old parts even if it look good.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.