Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are absolutely clueless with respect to purchasing a new Acura MDX. I have visited three dealerships in NJ and it is amazing that each dealer insisted on options that we did not care to purchase not to mention overpriced. We are looking for a 2003 Touring White MDX with the Quartz interior - and thats all folks. My father in law lives in Florida and is willing to pickup the MDX from any dealership on his way to NJ. What can i say , he drives an Mercedes and loves to drive.

Thanks

:confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Clueless

Don't buy that old line from your local dealers. Though in demand, most users on this site are paying no more than MSRP for 2003's without forced options. Some are even reporting discounts.

You've found the right site to get real MDX information from real owners. You should be able to get a good deal locally. I'm sure your father-in-law is well intended, but I wouldn't want anyone to break-in my new MDX.

It's a Great car - Good Luck!

vcolangelo

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you still are looking for a 2003, I found 16 in stock
Hi everyone, if you are stilll looking for a 2003 MDX, i found a whole bunch while getting my 2003 Mdx serviced.

There were 16 brand new MDX's in the rear lot of Palm Beach Acura in Florida. They had all colors but Havasu Blue. Some base models, some touring and some navigation with back up camera and dvd player. I had never seen so many at one place.

If interested call Kevin Mckinze, he is who i bought mine from and was very nice and did not try to screw me over with add ons. He is the sales manager, so if you call please tell him gary hill from key west sent you his way. The phone number is 561-686-0300.

If you have not seen the new Blue pearl, it is awsome.

Thanks everyone for contributing to a great website.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Well, if you're willing to take a ride up to New York, I'd recommend Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls. (60 miles north of NYC). They don't force any options and the salespeople are very friendly.

Ask for Cheryl and tell her Herb or Sonny sent you.:cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Blackaje,
I'm with laborlitigator. I also highly recommend Cherly at Heart Acura. My worst dealer expierence was with an Acura dealer in Jersey. I cover the tri-state area and was able to visit just about every single Acura dealer. My expierence with Heart was by far the best. You can tell her Tony, Black X, plate MDX-001 also recomended her. When I trade up I'll be going back to them and she knows it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have booked our 2003 X (Touring, Nav) to be delivered in Feb/Mar from Precision Acura in Princeton,NJ. Talk to Pat Marotta. He is nice and does not force any options at all. Tell him that Mr Kashi sent you. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
mantrika said:
We have booked our 2003 X (Touring, Nav) to be delivered in Feb/Mar from Precision Acura in Princeton,NJ. Talk to Pat Marotta. He is nice and does not force any options at all. Tell him that Mr Kashi sent you. Hope this helps..
I also have mine on order from Precision for a Feb delivery. I'm working with Mike Thomas. MSRP and no forced options. They are actually located in Lawrenceville NJ. They use the Princeton name for prestige. Another example down my way is Lexus of Cherry Hill. They are actually located in Maple Shade NJ. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try Park Avenue Acura in Maywood NJ, off route 17 North in northern NJ. Mention that Brian Cho sent ya and they might give you a better deal :) They also kick a referral fee to me, but it seems that they give better deals when you mention a referral. They were adamant about selling at MSRP until I told them I was referred by a friend (who purchased three vehicles from that dealership).

They had a white one, but I think it had saddle interior.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Blackaje,

If your near Southern NJ, I'd highly recommend David Keith at Castle Acura in Wilmington. No haggling required..(302) 323-1100. The dealership is just a few miles from the Deleware Bridge. I picked up my 2003 there today and I'm almost positive they have a white with quartz on the lot. Good luck and tell him Gryphon sent you. ;)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Why is anyone passing out names of their salesman who gave them MSRP w/out forced options? 4 of 5 local dealers here in the Chicago land area are willing to go that far and that is as simple as walking in the door. I know of (2) dealerships in the Atlanta GA. area who I spoke with over the past week and 1 in Huntsville, AL. from last month that will go $1100 under MSRP w/out any forced options for what they have on their lots or that they were willing to order. I know by the many posts in this forum that some of the best deals in the country have come from FL. Remember Myer’s $1850.00 under MSRP and quite a few free accessories thrown in last month? There was the $3500 under MSRP with a nose bra thrown in from a relatively new member two weeks ago (California maybe?) but I suspect a bit of boasting on that one given the X only has a $3500 - $4100 mark up depending on trim and I know of no dealer willing to go through the hassle of selling an X for hold back alone … Since Blackaje’s father is willing to pick it up for him in FL., by all means let him follow up that angle locally. Who cares how nice the dealership or salesperson is when the only thing his father is going to do is walk in, finish off any paper work, and leave for the long road trip/vacation to Blackaje’s home. I hope he lets his father keep it for a few weeks to enjoy the vehicle for the trouble ;) Just get the contract signed/setup by phone/fax, get your cash in order, and go pick up the X … I have had the worst dealership experiences when I have had to go in and try and purchase in person an X from 3 of the 4 local Chicago Acura dealerships I have visited. On the other side of the coin, I have had only (1) non-friendly phone conversation (vs. (4) satisfying calls) with an Acura dealership sales person in the St. Louis area. Just make sure the contract is in order and than just before you leave, verify the contract is finalized because that is the only amount your bank is going to electronically transfer.

___If you do purchase from a distant dealership, I suspect you won’t visit the same dealership or see the same salesperson again … As long as the contract works out as specified, the dealership will receive 5 star ratings on the Acura surveys (a great benefit to them) as well as the many who will read about them in your signature post on accessories and purchased from dealership. You will in turn receive a < MSRP w/out forced options deal on your X (a great benefit to you).

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Xcel:

Just curious, who are the 2 dealerships in Atlanta that say they will sell less than MSRP? We bought on 10/26/02, but one of the first things out of the salesman's mouth was: "We don't discount at all!" In other words, don't waste your or my time trying, buddy!:3:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Catzx6:

___Do a search on the Acura dealer locator web site – Atlanta GA. Hint, #3 was the first. James doesn’t work there anymore so speak with a salesman on the floor … Possibly still a chance of a Premium TW w/ Quartz coming in early next year … They do have a TW Touring w/ Quartz however :( Second dealer is still in progress …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Wayne, I TOTALLY get your point. I feel the same way when posters gush over the free pen and coffee mug they got "thrown in".

I wouldn't want the hassle of purchasing far out of my region and would not assume Blackaje would want to either.

I called the 7 dealerships that were within 50 miles of my home for their out-the-door prices. Between the highest and lowest numbers was a mere $130. What it came down to for me was the personality of the person I was dealing with. I ordered in early October for a Feb delivery. I do see a regional difference in pricing and unfortunately I'm in the NE region where the salespeople are the most steadfast in their non-negotiable pricing. When I break down the travel time vs the possible $500 in savings travelling to a distant dealership I don't see the justification.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Crmsnidol:

___We will all do what’s in our own best interest … Even the worst yet closest dealership to my home is now offering MSRP w/ no forced options and they are only 25 minutes down the road. $500 wouldn’t get me to travel 700 miles but $1100 will … Greyhound to Atlanta is just $55.00 if that means anything. We have a vacation coming up in the Carolina’s in the middle of next year. If it were right now, I would try like hell to make arrangements for a deal and pickup in that locale. It helps that my daughter works for one of the largest rental car companies and we can do a one way for pennies on the dollar but I won’t be taking this path this time around. Is $1100 worth it? I guess it all comes down to what you think your free time is worth? There was a dealer in New Jersey that contacted me last month who said he would drive an X from his dealership to my home for a Christmas delivery since he had family here and was headed this way anyway. It was only $500 under so I passed. There was a link in a banner ad on this forum to them so that is where the contact came from.

___As for Blackaje’s X, I think he said his father was willing to pick one up and drive it home … If he could run into a $1000 - $1850 off deal, I think it would be in his best interest to pursue such a deal. When I have taken the P/U’s, Previa, or the Accord into the local dealers for service, I don’t remember anyone asking where I purchased the vehicles from nor have I felt they offered any lesser service than what I have received from the Toyota Dealer where I purchased the 03 Corolla from … Than again, this is just my own personal experience given I don’t go to dealerships for anything but ½ - 3/4 price oil changes after coupons in the winter. My local Honda dealer will even get the X’s VTM flush as they are just 5 minutes down the road if that helps. The only issue would be in the form of loaners. I don’t ever plan on getting into the loaner situation as I have never used one in the past but if the X gets laid up for a unforeseen drastic problem, you can bet Acura’s customer service is going to be hearing from me.

___Finally, if a dealer has 15 or more X’s on the lot and says the dealerships policy is to charge MSRP, offer them your price. If it was not accepted or at least countered, walk. If that particular dealer would rather sit on a ½ million dollars or more of X inventory rather than take $500 - $1,000 off the X you want, let them. The $2500 - $3500 profit they are missing out on is there loss, not yours.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Xcel:

I checked out your list of dealers. We bought from Baranco, salesman Ray was adament about no discounting at all, never heard of a James there. Maybe you've gotten your info since Oct. when we purchased. Best of luck to you! :4:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Catzx6:

___No, James does not work there anymore but is listed as there Internet Manager on the Acura dealer locator as I mentioned before. I asked for him the other day but was told he was no longer employed at that dealership. The salesperson I was connected with asked a few questions as did I. I told them there would be no trade and would be a total cash transaction for immediate pickup if that helped. After consulting with a manager? for a few minutes, he said they were willing to part with the TW w/ Quartz 03 Touring for $37,700. I countered with $37,000 as this is ~ my limit which they unfortunately declined … My loss :( He said they would get back to me on the Premium at $35,100 if they can find one in short order. They had a TW Premium w/ Saddle but after calling the wife, there was no way that would work for her as suspected.

___I am not sure where Ray (“MDXking”? I believe was his nick) has been recently but he is/was a salesman at one of the Atlanta dealerships and was speaking of $500 off just a short time after the 03’s were released.

___As an edit, I have to hand out Kudo’s to Baranco as they have created some relatively positive experiences from the X purchasers on this board. Josh, Ray, and Clay are some of better Acura dealership spokespersons IMHO …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yep, that's him! I found it almost funny seeing his post about that $500. He was not forthcoming with anything in our dealings. He did, however, step into our deal to help out our original salesman, because he was a newbie to the dealership but knew a ton about Acuras.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MDX's Available in DE

If you are having trouble finding a dealer who won't jerk you around, I recommend you call Castle Acura at and ask for David Keith! They have 3 MDX's in stock with more arriving and don't force options on there vehicles

·
Registered
203 Posts
Clueless in New Jersey
Blackaje,

As you are reading in these threads it is needless to succomb to those sucker dealers. You are being badgered and there is no need to stand for this nonsense. There are tons of dealers in the Jersey/NY metro area that are willing to deal honestly with you without forced options and that sort of $*#&%$$. The first dealer I approached tried implementing forced options amounting to $1500, I said adios to them. My experience with the dealer from whom I purchased my 03 baby from was the best I have ever encountered with any auto purchase, and NO forced options or inflated pricing. Just good ol MSRP...I'm happy! So, just spend some time and look around for the good guys, they ARE out there for ya. You may have to travel a few more miles until you find the right location. Visit some of the locations mentioned in these threads, they could be your advice to the best ride going, as we here all know.
Happy hunting, it is well worth every effort and probably a wainting period too...and happy holidays !:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sheesh, all this talk with guys from NJ and NY is making me homesick... anyone know where Metuchen NJ is??? Might be a reliable dealer there although it is small town.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts