Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 mdx when i turn off and remove the ign key the climate control & heated seats stay on any one have any ideas why???

·
Registered
16 Posts
do you have a remote start or alarm in the car?

someone might have crossed a constant 12 power wire w/ the accessory wire @ the ignition console.

I used to be a MECP Certified Audio/Alarm/Remote start installer, sounds like what would cause that issue.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You could have relays stuck in the on position. Although it would be odd to have two different wants fail at the same exact time. The other issue could be your ignition switch but that would mean more than just those two accessories would be on. Technically anything would stay on. I would start with relays. Also what googleninja says could be true. If someone crossed a constant the ignition circuit is staying live for your heated seats and your climate control.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I am having the same issue. I have a 2009 Elite ( tech and ent.) Canadian model.

Climate controls stays on (rear climate control also) and heated seats, front and back are also on with the key out of the ignition.

I came back to the car 2 hours later, and everything was off. I think relays stuck in the on position is who to blame here, but the question is to find the relay and change it.

Anyone have an idea?

thanks

EDIT : no remote start, no alarm system installed. Stock mdx

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my problem was that i installed a amp and used a empty spot in the fuse panel for the amp remote power on, when i added the fuse to the empty location is when my problem started if i remember right the fuse location was the very upper left top fuse make sure its empty and no one installed a fuse in this location for a accessory

·
Registered
27 Posts
my problem was that i installed a amp and used a empty spot in the fuse panel for the amp remote power on, when i added the fuse to the empty location is when my problem started if i remember right the fuse location was the very upper left top fuse make sure its empty and no one installed a fuse in this location for a accessory
Oh my... I did move a fuse yesterday, due to the crazy wiper problem. I did move the 30A from slot 11 (wipers) to an marked empty spot on the panel ( bottom left )

Will remove that fuse and report back. thank you so much for your fast reply :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts