Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MDX folks,

Recently I noticed that the Climate Control has an issue. It doesn't seem to make any difference what I select, the airflow only comes out of the middle level. Not sure if I am using the correct terms, but I am talking in terms of positions being defrost, middle, floor. In other words if I select defrost it comes out middle, if I select middle and floor it only comes out of the middle. The control panel looks like the change is been made but the air flow doesn't change. I am assuming there is some electrical device that changes the air routing that isn't working. Just curious if this could be a fused item, or maybe a common issue. If someone could point me in the direction of the fuse or the device that controls that would help.

Thanks,

Royce
Sacramento, CA USA
2009 MDX with Technology and Entertainment packages.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
You are looking to replace the Air Vent Control Unit.. IIRC that is the one located in the drivers feet at your knee height in the center console. Too gain access you will have to remove the black plastic cover (The one that holds the courtesy light) from beneath the dashboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skirmich,

I appreciate your help. If 2G in your signature means second generation MDX, I am assuming you haven't actually worked this problem. The control unit on the drivers foot well in the 2009 is the driver mix control which is not the one that controls diverting air for defrost and heater.

I finally downloaded the service manuals online and now I see others have posted for the same problem in a 2nd generation MDX. I am hoping to have this sorted soon.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
No, The one for the defrost is the one located on the passenger side.
To gain access you need to remove the glove box (Like for replacing the cabin air filter). You will see that Mode Motor on the left side of the cabin air filter box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts