Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or is it a feature? When I put my AC in AUTO FULL, the system pumps air only thru the side vents, and not thru the vents in the middle?

·
Registered
594 Posts
me too

I noticed this too -- I should probably read the manual about this, but I figure by posting here, I can read someone else's responses.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It depends ..

I leave mine on Full Auto all the time. I was wondering about the same thing until yesterday when the middle vent blow "strong air" at my face. The weather has been very cold about 30 degree until yesterday when it turn above 50 in the day. I figure the MDX has a certain logic about this Full Auto thing but I don't know what. If somebody has a "flow chart of logic" please share.

Along the same line, I feel the back is too warm when the car is fully loaded. When I leave the front to 63 degree, with six people in the back, the back air is not cool enough. But again, when I am by myself the difference is not notice-able. Of course, the separate AC control unit in the back completely takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
No logic flowchart is listed in the service manuals, as far as I have been able to find -- the main manual has troubleshooting and parts replacement info, but the electrical manual does say: "The system automatically selects the proper mix of cooled and/or heated air that will, as quickly as possible, raise or lower the interior temperature from its current level to the set temperature. The system also adjusts the fan speed and changes direction of air delivery."

I guess that last sentence allows it to do anything it wants, which covers the question of this topic.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
339 Posts
frostyra said:
..I guess that last sentence allows it to do anything it wants, which covers the question of this topic.:rolleyes:
That was the "logic" I was asking for. Otherwise, you can interpret it as "I will blow air on your face whenever I want." Ha Ha..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
RedMdxMemphis
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing