Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how/the best way to escalate a complaint with Acura Client Relations? I'm still trying to get my trailer hitch issue resolved and the Acura Client Relations representative is worthless. She never returns my calls and when she does randomly call (at suspiciously off times), she only leaves me voicemails. We had prescheduled a call yesterday for 11:15am a week in advance and she just never called.

I may just have to start corresponding with them over email but I'd prefer to get a supervisor involved. Not a great ownership experience

·
Registered
476 Posts
Have you engaged the General Manager at your dealership? I went back to your earlier thread and it appears you haven't talked to anyone above the service manager. The way I would approach it is "look, I understand you guys are kind of stuck in the middle on this. Can you help me get up the chain with your contacts?"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you engaged the General Manager at your dealership? I went back to your earlier thread and it appears you haven't talked to anyone above the service manager. The way I would approach it is "look, I understand you guys are kind of stuck in the middle on this. Can you help me get up the chain with your contacts?"
I admittedly haven’t tried with the general manager under the assumption that they’re just going to defend their people and say there’s nothing they can do. I tried getting the DPSM number from the service manager but he said he couldn’t give it to me. The service manager said he was going to call the DPSM and work it on their side and get back to me on the Wednesday before thanksgiving, but that never happened.

I guess I could use that as the excuse to contact the general manager and see what he’ll do to help out. I have a feeling at the end of the day, this is going to have to come down to Acura telling the dealer to eat the cost because they broke it. Which of course the dealer has already tried to pass on to me...

When I talked to the service manager, I tried to keep constructive, non-critical and looking for a solution - but they didn’t seem real interested in helping. The only thing they cared about was their stupid survey. I haven’t filled it out yet to avoid turning them into an enemy, but my patience with everybody is running thin

Thanks for the thoughts!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would definitely take a shot at the GM since the SM didn't follow through and you never know how the GM will respond. He won't be happy that the SM didn't manage the situation well enough to keep you from contacting him. The dealership is definitely in a rough spot because likely Honda isn't going to cover their time without extensive effort from them, but if it was easy everyone would own a dealership! What make a great business is not how they handle the easy stuff!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the Acura client relations respond to our frustrations / concerns ? registered a case 10073866, just got a voice mail that some one would get back. Haven't got any response since last 10 days.

Bought new MDX few weeks back and apparently it powered off, in the middle of the highway. Was stranded on the road with my 2 daughters. Sent them a note and didn't seem them to be serious about this. It was a total nightmare !!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Why exactly do you need Acura client relations for this? It's a brand new car, bring it to the Acura dealership you bought it from (or any other Acura dealership in your country) and deal with them directly.

Unless they refuse to resolve your issue, there really is no reason to involve Acura client relations. Not even sure what you expect of them if you didn't speak with the dealership yet and get the car inspected first?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why exactly do you need Acura client relations for this? It's a brand new car, bring it to the Acura dealership you bought it from (or any other Acura dealership in your country) and deal with them directly.

Unless they refuse to resolve your issue, there really is no reason to involve Acura client relations. Not even sure what you expect of them if you didn't speak with the dealership yet and get the car inspected first?
Understood. But Dealership are to deal with the issues reactively. Client relation should pitch in to act proactively and ensure no such issue /mishap happens for other customers.

Also took it to the dealership on the way, they confirmed they fixed the transmission issue. But got the error prompt again after few miles. Took it back to the dealer, saw the message, tested the vehicle and they couldn't figure what the actual issue was !!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts