Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AcuraAddicted, Thanks! That is what I am looking for! You are the man! Do you know what is the size of the Allen wrench he is using to tighten that hex socket bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That did it! If it’s too tight it will restrict or too much tension for the telescope column movement. I adjusted the screw until the telescope column has no play and the telescope is moving freely without too much restriction. The purpose of this adjustable screw is for the telescope column restriction or tension movement. There is no need to remove the steering top and bottom cover.
You access this screw through the hole (left side) of the bottom steering cover with a long 10 mm Allen wrench or 10 mm hex screw bit. You need a flashlight to locate where it is so you will be able position your screwdriver. The screw is located very deep inside.

This screw you want to adjust

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one more issue. While the engine is running and tried to turn the steering wheel left and right rapidly without moving the tires I heard this clunky sound in this video. There are two different sounds, one is like clicking or rattling ( louder sound) which I am not concerning . The clunky sound in the background is concerning. It sounds like a something loose on the steering rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts