Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my X back today from Pfleuger Acura here in Honolulu, HI. Apparently they called Tech Line for Acura and did a repair to the strut area, but still had the clicking sound after they test drove it.

They checked the dash and found the left front corner of the dash rubbing on a pin and metal part of the dash. They installed a felt tape onto the pin and dash area; road tested the X; and apparently the noise problem was resolved.

I just picked it up about 20 minutes ago, and so far I haven't heard the annoying clicking sound like before:)

Speaking with the service rep, the problem seems to have been inside the dash (front part, somewhere by the left front air conditioner vent), so you wouldn't be able to solve the problem without taking off the dash.

So, after reading all the previous threads and solutions, I don't think the problem can be solved by doing things to the exterior of the dash, if supposedly the problem is within.

I hope this was truely the problem. Will keep you updated as to if the noise recurs.

My X was built in March 2002, so I don't think it is the same problem as with what mdxrb just listed (a suspension problem). I am glad that his problem was solved for you mdxrb:2: Hopefully, mine is too, and this will give all you X'ers out there who have a 2002 model with the clicking sound another possible solution to the problem.

Thanks for all your suggestions and possible solutions.

Keep up the good work and great information.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
sounds familar...

Believe it or not in 1995 I drove a brand new Buick LeSabre to AZ for my mom who was spending the winter. The darned dash squeaked, rattled, and jangled the WHOLE way down.

When she got back in the spring I had her tell the dealer, and there was a TSB and fix kit. It was, as I recall, some tape and fuzzy sheets. Installation required complete removal of dash. It worked, in fact she still hs the car and it is remarkably quite for a seven year old vehicle...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can of worms....

I'd be not too happy about having my entire dash removed to fix that problem.

From what I've read in some other posts, removing the dash opens up a can of worms, regarding fit n finish and a whole bunch more squeaks and rattles.

Hopefully this will solve your issue.

Even though I have the same problem, I don't think I'd let 'em remove the dash.

Just my .02

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts