Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your MDX is making an annoying "clicking" or "grinding" sound under the center console dashboard the video I made may help solve the problem. I make Youtube automotive repair videos to help people out. My Youtube Channel is called "ozzstar". I am unable to post the video link here due to a low post count here on the forum.

Search: Honda/Acura dashboard noise repair

Thanks - Ozz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!

I'm going to try this as soon as I get a dry day in Seattle.

Also, if anyone has tried this recently, there are a lot of parts on Amazon that are under $100. I'm thinking that they're 3d printed, but the reviews seem to be positive. I'm just wanting to keep my '05 running with 225k miles.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
FWIW, there are always plenty of air mix (and similar) modules / motors on sources like eBay - or possibly at your local junkyard. They're generally pretty reliable, and not all that hard to swap, making a used part a pretty low risk / high reward option.

They appear to start around $40 delivered, though there are also options for new "knock-off" parts from China for even less (personally, I'd tend to avoid those and go with a used part).

And finally, I did take my noisy / sticky air mix motor / module apart and cleaned and relubed it, and it was working fine when I sold the car many miles later. I did have to add a very thin flat washer under one of the plastic gears to reduce some binding... no idea why that was necessary, but it seemed to do the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts