Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a soft, but distinct rattle or clicking noise coming from the right side second row as the MDX goes over any sort of bump. For a long time I thought it was the seat belt.

I think that I have finally diagnosed it to be the seat release for the 40% side. The seat release that causes the seat to be allowed to flip up and allow access to the 3rd row. If I hit the back of this seat with my hand, I can hear the noise coming from that release.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Row 2 Rattle

The row 2 outside seat belt tangs were rattling against the metal arms which pivot up and down with the seat backs when we took delivery of our 2002 MDX. It drove me crazy for 3 or 4 weeks until I located the source of the noise. Pulling up on the seat belts released enough slack from under the carpet to allow the tangs to clear the top of the metal arms. This stopped the rattling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mystery clicking

I have this same problem, the rear seat release on the 40% bench makes a pretty annoying clicking sound. The clicking is louder than the squeaking of the leather seats. It started when some people rode in the 3rd row a week ago.

If you bang on the rear seat, you can hear the clicking distinctly comming from that release latch. Did you ever get your dealer to look at/fix this problem? I'm hoping that I can wait until my next oil change, but it's driving me crazy! :3:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. Tustin Acura told me it was the 2nd row head rests metal posts rub against the housing wells. They bend the posts but the rattle clicks are still there. I think it come from the latch. Please show me how to fix this annoying clicks.

Thanks!
:( :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
squeak is gone!!!

Had the rear seat release squeak fixed at the 7500 mile service.

They applied the famous squeak tape inside the seat release mechanism. While some people on this forum have an aversion to this remedy, or maybe more correctly, this remedies over-use, it had worked well in this application. You can't see the fix, and it no longer squeaks.

Now, the tape that they applied to the moonroof rails is another story - they will have to replace this with at least a professional looking installation. The tape is all over the place!

Back seat is silent, but it took Zaino leather conditioner and squeak tape....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Dave2002
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing