Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2012 mdx. I was interested in getting clear vinyl for the door handles cups and the top of the rear bumper to protect the paint. Does anyone know where they sell these items? Im having a hard time finding them online.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The Rear Bumper Applique should be easy to find. It is a MDX accessory. Not sure about film for handles.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If there is a clear bra installer in your area they should easily be able to do the door cups.

In fact I bought the rear applique OEM accessory and had the guy who installed my clear bra install the applique as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mask off everything else, and shoot the areas you want protected with clear gloss plasti-dip. When the stuff gets buggered, just peel it off and do it again. Cheap and easy.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mask off everything else, and shoot the areas you want protected with clear gloss plasti-dip. When the stuff gets buggered, just peel it off and do it again. Cheap and easy.
Love that! Going to do the handle cups next weekend!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Just a note about the clear plasti-dip method, it's a dirt and dust magnet, so you'll be re-doing it pretty often. Knew a guy who did this to part of his rear bumper top (yanno, how people usually have bumper protectors for dragging out cargo) and it got plenty dirty pretty quickly. The rear does get more dirt than the rest of the car though just due to simple aerodynamics.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just a note about the clear plasti-dip method, it's a dirt and dust magnet, so you'll be re-doing it pretty often. Knew a guy who did this to part of his rear bumper top (yanno, how people usually have bumper protectors for dragging out cargo) and it got plenty dirty pretty quickly. The rear does get more dirt than the rest of the car though just due to simple aerodynamics.
x2. Plus the clear one yellow's more easily than vinyl film over time. One way I minimized dust/dirt from sticking to my plastidip part was to wax it after it has cured. That seems to help a little.

·
Registered
301 Posts
x2. Plus the clear one yellow's more easily than vinyl film over time. One way I minimized dust/dirt from sticking to my plastidip part was to wax it after it has cured. That seems to help a little.
Good to know. I was only considering it because I couldn't find a kit from the 3M type film.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I found a few kits on Amazon but nothing MDX specific and nothing 3M. I will try the plasti-dip but keep looking for a bra installer that will do the cups.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts