Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the new clear Form Fit Front Deflector as shown in the following 2 pics. I bought the deflector from Tim. I like its look on my SS X. It took me about an hour to do the job although some said 10 minutes. :4:

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the 2nd pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Very nice! I am most curious how it'll look after, say, 6-12 months. Please do let us know if there's any discoloring, clouding, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
wmquan said:
Very nice! I am most curious how it'll look after, say, 6-12 months. Please do let us know if there's any discoloring, clouding, etc. Thanks!
Not to mention scratches and dings. But it sure is interesting looking. I'd like a heads up on this over the next couple of months. I'd think about putting a clear deflector on right after i can finally get rid of the winter duldrums and zaino my X for Spring! :D

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Looks good but I like the contrasting look of the dark gray better on light colored MDX's.

Saw a SS and TW with non painted rear deflectors, Black Formfit hood deflector, non painted fender flairs, and black side steps (or running boards): They looked fantastic IMHO, Especially when clean an shinny.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nice deflector. I don't know too much about the deflectors, but that is an item that I want to get shortly. What are the differences between the Formfits or the OEM Acura deflector? Ease of installation, clsoer to the hood, styling?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Lookin' good iceman, lookin' good!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m2pc said:
Nice deflector. I don't know too much about the deflectors, but that is an item that I want to get shortly. What are the differences between the Formfits or the OEM Acura deflector? Ease of installation, clsoer to the hood, styling?

m2pc, the Formfit deflector is cheaper and easier to be installed than the OEM unit which has only the brownish color and believed to make noise when the X is at freeway speed. You can do a search in this forum to find out more discussions about the deflector issue. The clear Formfit deflector should fit the X very well, provided that you align the deflector correctly by following the installation instructions. There are no holes to drill, but be very careful to line up the pre-drilled holes in the deflector with the existing holes underneath the hood of the X, and making sure that the black plastic clips (4) sit right above the little non-abrasive tapes which must be correctly applied to the hood to prevent the clips from scratching the hood. Since there are no extra parts that come with the package, there is no room for error to damage or loss any parts including the little square non-abrasive tapes. I recommend covering the engine compartment when you work on the hood to install the deflector in case you may drop the screw or something inside it. It is a tedious job taking very careful alignment without scratching the hood. Once you installed the deflector, making sure that it and the clips do not obstruct the closing of the hood, or pressing against the top of the plastic cover of the front light units.

You will love it after all the work done.

Good luck. :4:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for the advice Iceman,

I think these are the way to go. I visited Hondacuraworld and only see that they sell the Formfit deflector.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
iceman1331 said:

m2pc, the Formfit deflector is cheaper and easier to be installed than the OEM unit which has only the brownish color and believed to make noise when the X is at freeway speed. You can do a search in this forum to find out more discussions about the deflector issue. The clear Formfit deflector should fit the X very well, provided that you align the deflector correctly by following the installation instructions. There are no holes to drill, but be very careful to line up the pre-drilled holes in the deflector with the existing holes underneath the hood of the X, and making sure that the black plastic clips (4) sit right above the little non-abrasive tapes which must be correctly applied to the hood to prevent the clips from scratching the hood. Since there are no extra parts that come with the package, there is no room for error to damage or loss any parts including the little square non-abrasive tapes. I recommend covering the engine compartment when you work on the hood to install the deflector in case you may drop the screw or something inside it. It is a tedious job taking very careful alignment without scratching the hood. Once you installed the deflector, making sure that it and the clips do not obstruct the closing of the hood, or pressing against the top of the plastic cover of the front light units.

You will love it after all the work done.

Good luck. :4:
Ditto! You covered it very well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice touch!! :4:

·
Registered
35 Posts
iceman1331 said:
I installed the new clear Form Fit Front Deflector as shown in the following 2 pics. I bought the deflector from Tim. I like its look on my SS X. It took me about an hour to do the job although some said 10 minutes. :4:
Iceman,

It looks very good and I am thinking of putting one on my SS, too. Did you order it through hondacuraworld.com? It seems to me I can not order a clear one since it only offers the "dark smoke" one...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Re: Re: Clear Front Deflector

TDF2003 said:

Iceman,

It looks very good and I am thinking of putting one on my SS, too. Did you order it through hondacuraworld.com? It seems to me I can not order a clear one since it only offers the "dark smoke" one...

Thanks!
TDF,

You could always call Tim and ask him. Some of items might not included on the website.

- JTM

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Clear Front Deflector

TDF2003 said:

Iceman,

Thanks!
You can send a e-mail request to Tim @ hondacuraworld.com and he will respond it to you. You won't find it from the web. Good luck. :4:

·
Registered
35 Posts
thank you, Iceman!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
That one was kind of a one-off. I can get them, but when I asked everyone if they think it would sell, everyone preferred the smoke tint, so that's what I kept selling. That one clear FormFit was the only one I ever ordered in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got your email at the same time. Thank you, Tim. I guess I will do a survey here to see how many are interested.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts