Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fortunately this did not happen to my new MDX

My brother in law was on vacation with his Chevy Tahoe (not near as nice as the MDX) and passed a concrete truck that was washing off the trough with a hose. Some concrete got onto his paint. He did not notice it until 2 days later and it has dried onto the paint.

Any Suggestions ?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sell it and buy an MDX.:jester:

I'd probably spray it down with a lot of water for a long time, then try to wash it off with soap and more water. If it had a good coat of wax/polish the concrete may not have stuck real good to the paint.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Good soaking w/soap & water, like BaldEagle suggests, is a good first shot.

Next I'd try some WD40. Soak and wipe. Rinse/wash when finished. Bug n Tar remover next. Claybar if you have it would do the trick, I'd bet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
HrdTsk

Rub it off dry with newspaper; it's just a Tahoe.

How's the new MDX. I'm up to 600 miles and I still visit it every night in the garage.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
131 Posts
Concrete does not like acid

Try something mild like vinigar, or a very dilute muratic acid.
Try it first ona part tat does not show to test the paint.
Keep it off any non-painted metal.
It will be a slow process so may be a damp cloth held on over night, maybe even for a few nights.

OK, now the disclaimer;
No matter what happens, its not my fault!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Use a jackhammer for the really chunky stuff, and a paint scraper for the finish work. Afterwards, spray with gray primer. If you're really concerned about the appearance, finish with a second can of spray paint.

Remember to hold the can about 12 inches away or you'll get drips. ;)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
ghost said:
Use a jackhammer for the really chunky stuff......
Be careful if it's that bad. You may find something (like Jimmy Hoffa) that's better off leaving alone. :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
wet concrete on paint

If its wet concrete and has not completely set use -

1) lemon juice applied with soft brush,
(will dissolve concrete) wash when finished.
2) if the concrete drys completely, it will bond to finish. any rubbing with news paper will scratch finish, and leave a visible hole in clear coat
3) If you can get the name of Truck, lic, or picture, this can become a valid insurance claim

Happy_MDX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts