Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tricks to clean or vacuum in between the front seats and the center console? The space is so tiny that I can't get any vacuum cleaner attachments down there, and the plastic piece on the side of the seat doesn't move when I adjust the seat forward or back, so there is no way to get access to that area. It is a magnet for dropped change, french fries, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not that it is a complete answer, but it does help if you *raise* the seat to it's highest position. I usually try to "flick" the debris to the front or back with a long stick - a paint can stirrer might do nicely - and then finish vacuuming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just spent an hour last night trying to clean this space myself. I came to the site to see if anyone else observed this "design flaw". It's funny you mentioned the paint stick... that's exactly what I used for "flicking". In the end, I got most of the debris out (pens, change, candy, paper...) but it was tiresome.

Once cleaned, I had some very firm styrofoam (packing material from a computer shipment) that I cut and inserted down in the opening (between the center console and the seat base). My goal was to keep the stuff from falling all the way to the floor. It doesn't seem to move when the seat itself is adjusted, so hopefully it will stay in place (and not disintegrate into millions of tiny styrofoam pieces that I'll have to vacuum out - ugh). We'll see how it works.

·
Registered
616 Posts
TomF,

Interesting solution to use the styrofoam to block the debris from dropping into that space. Let's hope that there is no vibration movement between the styrofoam and the console or seat though. The sound of squeaking styrofoam is about on par with fingernails on a chalkboard ;) .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can get part of the way with the crevas tool on my shopvac. I also have the attachment that they sell for cleaning computer keyboards, etc. This is a thinner wand with an extension. I acutally thought of this last cleaning (after much time getting the junk out of there), but I couldn't find it. I am going to give it a try next time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, everyone.

TC said:
I am going to give it a try next time.
TC, let me know if the keyboard cleaner works!

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you have an air compressor...

Use a blower attachment to blow the debris out and then vacuum! I love those pneumatic tools.....:2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Vacuum Between Seat and Console

I did a search on vacuuming between the seats and the center console. I found some stuff but no real solutions. Has any come up with a great way to get a vacuum attachment in between the seats and the console yet? I have a collection of change and fries that my daughter keeps throwing down there......

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
This subject was brought up by myself once before. I will try and find the link but I do remember one member saying that the little plastic cap in front of the seat rail. I will look for it. Right now I have licorice, money, and an item I care not to mention.:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
hockeyplayer said:
This subject was brought up by myself once before. I will try and find the link but I do remember one member saying that the little plastic cap in front of the seat rail. I will look for it. Right now I have licorice, money, and an item I care not to mention.:)
Hmm, now you've got us all curious! :eek: :p

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Use a long straw and suck real hard :2:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
greatscot said:
Use a long straw and suck real hard :2:
Reminds of the story about the girlfriend who tried to blow up a car, but burned her lips on the tailpipe.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
hockeyplayer said:
........ and an item I care not to mention.:)
If the smell gets real bad just get one of those pine scented trees that hang from the rear view mirror.....:2: :2: :D :1:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
EXCALIBUR said:

Q: Might that be the girlfriend with the burned lips?
LOL... I could post a smiley to illustrate... however, It probably would be deleted quickly! :D :22:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
mdxxxx said:

LOL... I could post a smiley to illustrate... however, It probably would be deleted quickly! :D :22:
We could use a good picture of J-Lo as a reasonable facsimile right about now.:4:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
EXCALIBUR said:

Reminds of the story about the girlfriend who tried to blow up a car, but burned her lips on the tailpipe.
She was Blonde, right? :D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
BaldEagle said:
If the smell gets real bad just get one of those pine scented trees that hang from the rear view mirror.....:2: :2: :D :1:
If the pine tree does'nt work, try the Yankee Candle air feshener, they are really "scentuos" :4: Got one in the Camry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts