Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Checking with Wikipedia I see there is some confusion as to which models and years are affected. If you have an "ECO" light you have it, otherwise probably not for gen2. The VCM on all gen3 MDXes has not been shown to also have these problems but given Honda's unwillingness to say anything about it I withhold judgement (and still defeated it).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got this in the mail today. Might help anyone who paid out of pocket costs where Acura denied their claim. Might even supersede the Acura warranty extension. Haven’t read it fully, yet.

There’s a website, too.

View attachment 114368
I was wondering when this might happen. At least Honda/Acura has stopped running from it; now I wonder when Samsung will stop running from their class action lawsuit against their washing and dryer machines and their refrigerators? I can no longer participate in any Samsung washing machine settlement because after 4 years and two repairs it up'd died, so I had to junk it (Samjunk) and got a Speed Queen this time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the letter this week too. Mine was approved for the piston fix 4 months ago, still waiting for the ’we have the parts’ call

·
Registered
2011 Acura MDX Advance
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Am I automatically a class member, or I have to sign up ? Thanks
According to the settlement:

All residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. territories who currently own or lease, or who previously owned or leased, a "Class Vehicle". A “Class Vehicle,” is defined as Acura MDX (2010-2013), RL (2011-2012), TL (2009-2014) and ZDX (2010-2013) vehicles with the “J37” engine sold in the United States, including its territories and Puerto Rico.

If you do nothing, you are automatically included. You have to object and opt-out to be excluded. If you previously paid to have the pistons/rings replaced because of oil consumption, you can file a claim to get reimbursed. Otherwise, you're just a member of the class and are entitled to benefits during the warranty extension or warranty gap periods should your vehicle exhibit symptoms of excessive oil consumption.

·
Registered
285 Posts
They called it "ECO" but it is the same thing. After all of the problems they changed the name, removed the indicator light, and made some technical changes. I guess you didn't feel the need to read the linked page.
I think you are confused, there is no 2nd Gen MDX with an Eco written anywhere, lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts