Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hagen has passed the suit to a firm called Seeger Weiss. I called, they took my info, someone is supposed to get back to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
so frustrating... I replaced 3 batteries in a couple years, then found how BT was the issue as it started not working, baked it a few times in oven (temporary reflow the solder) which fixed it for 6 months but finally gave out and without BT for many years now. HOW HARD is it for Acura/Honda to redesign this dam thing to not drain power when off ? why is there even current being delivered when car is off ???

From what I can tell there isn't a fixed replacement either.

I'll check the new firm (put info with old one, never heard back).

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
so frustrating... I replaced 3 batteries in a couple years, then found how BT was the issue as it started not working, baked it a few times in oven (temporary reflow the solder) which fixed it for 6 months but finally gave out and without BT for many years now. HOW HARD is it for Acura/Honda to redesign this dam thing to not drain power when off ? why is there even current being delivered when car is off ???

From what I can tell there isn't a fixed replacement either.

I'll check the new firm (put info with old one, never heard back).
My first one last about 10 years. So I bought an updated version. I kinda consider this is a permanent solution. It would be nice if Acura wants to pay me back for the 2nd one though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
"My first one last about 10 years. So I bought an updated version." In my research, I haven't seen anything about an "updated version" of the HFL (HFT) module.

Can you please let us know the part number for this update and where you got it. As far as I know, the only version that is available is the original version, which is part no. 39770-STX-A01 for about $320 U.S.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
"My first one last about 10 years. So I bought an updated version." In my research, I haven't seen anything about an "updated version" of the HFL (HFT) module.

Can you please let us know the part number for this update and where you got it. As far as I know, the only version that is available is the original version, which is part no. 39770-STX-A01 for about $320 U.S.
https://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/167824-finally-bit-bullet-bought-sucker.html

The picture in the above thread shows the rev number. For the same part number, later production has high rev number. They probably made changes but kept part number the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hmm .... Qqzj, the part number shown in your thumbnail is Honda P/N 39770-STX-A011-M1. The only applicable part number I've been able to find is the one I referenced, i.e., Acura P/N 39770-STX-A01. Are you confident the two parts are interchangeable? I'm not aware of any revision number to the Acura P/N, nor is the parts department of my local dealership.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hmm .... Qqzj, the part number shown in your thumbnail is Honda P/N 39770-STX-A011-M1. The only applicable part number I've been able to find is the one I referenced, i.e., Acura P/N 39770-STX-A01. Are you confident the two parts are interchangeable? I'm not aware of any revision number to the Acura P/N, nor is the parts department of my local dealership.
See the pictures at the end of that thread. It's on the other side. Yes, there are two numbers, interchangeable. In fact, you probably can get a better deal on eBay if you use the less common one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I got an update from a question I asked back in October of 2019 after finding a new law firm has taken over as lead counsel. TLDR, Obviously, I don't think much will still come of it but once discovery is completed they will pursue class action status for the lawsuit. Post this on other forums that use the same bluetooth module. They will be tracking potential class members so you can send the paralegal this information:

Your name:
Your address:
Your phone number:
Model & Year of Vehicle:
Location of Vehicle Purchase:
Do you still own the vehicle?
Is the HFL unit still connected?
Description of problem and any further information on the issues experienced in relation to malfunction of HFL unit:

Email thread below (redacted my email address and last name)
###
__

Dear Jay:

I am writing to you in regards to your inquiry about the Acura Hands Free Link (“HFL”) litigation. I understand you reached out by telephone and/or email to Scott George, the main attorney handling this matter. Mr. George asked me to respond as I am working with him and other Seeger Weiss attorneys to assemble a list of all potential plaintiffs in this matter. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The current status of the case is this: we have now completed discovery in support of preparing our case to the court for class certification. This means the defendant has produced documents to us so we can review and analyze those materials as we prepare our case. Those records include various service records on Acura vehicles, including customer complaint phone calls made by customers to Acura seeking assistance with their HFL and battery issues.

After we thoroughly review the materials the defendants have produced to us, the next step is for us to prepare legal documents to send to the court making our argument that this matter should be a class action lawsuit. We will begin preparing those legal documents (briefs, motions, etc.) in the coming months. If the case is certified as a “class action,” your vehicle may be included; however, there is no action required of you at this time.

For purposes of tracking all potential class members, we would just ask that you complete the information requested below so that we will know more about the specific issues/problems pertaining to your car.

Kindly provide responses to the requested information by return email to me directly at [email protected]:

Your name:

Your address:

Your phone number:

Model & Year of Vehicle:

Location of Vehicle Purchase:

Do you still own the vehicle?

Is the HFL unit still connected?

Description of problem and any further information on the issues experienced in relation to malfunction of HFL unit:

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to respond to this email or to call me at 212-584-0753. I am available from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Thank you, - Mike

Michael J. Sheridan

Paralegal

SEEGER WEISS LLP

55 CHALLENGER ROAD 6TH FL

RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ 07660

DIRECT: 212.584.0753

MAIN: 212.584.0700

Email forwarded by:

SCOTT ALAN GEORGE

SEEGER WEISS LLP

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:08 PM
To: Scott George <[email protected]>
Subject: Honda/Acura HFL Class Action

Hello Mr. George,

I recently found that your firm is lead counsel on this class action. Has their been any development? As most of these vehicles are getting over 10 years old now.

Regards,

Jay

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks for the update. I just sent them an email... still no HFL for many years now (lame on luxury car) but have not had to replace dead battery since then...

·
Registered
187 Posts
My mdx is a 2010 elite and has never had any issues with the hfl Bluetooth module. Are Canadians not affected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts