Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Acura can't fix the clank sound when the car comes to a complete stop, Is there anything else that can be done. This is bullsh.. from a 40k car.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
what year is your X?
where's the sound coming from (front, rear, left, right, inside, outside)?
metal on metal or plastic on plastic or fuel slosh or brakes?
one clank on stop or multiple?
weather related?
stopping only? accelerating? turning?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2001 mdx. When I come to a full stop, a clank comes from the rear of the truck. The dealer said that all mdx's do it. I have noticed it more on warm days. It only does it when I make a full stop, If I make a smooth stop it would not clank. thanks for responding.

·
Registered
162 Posts
All 2001 MDX's do not do what you describe. Mine does not. You do get some gas-tank sloshing.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Aside from occassional gas tank slosh, which is normal, I don't get any clank.

Right side or left? High or low? Does it sound like it's from the inside or outside? Clank = metal on metal to me -- is that correct? Loud or muted?

Since they said is was "normal" (B.S.), what part (if any) did they identify?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Another WINNER dealer!

TheWorm said:
...Since they said is was "normal" (B.S.), what part (if any) did they identify?
COme on Worm, you're about as likely to get ACTUAL DIAGNOSIS from that type of dealer as you would calling Tech Support at the Phone Company/Cable TV !

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Another WINNER dealer!

renov8r said:

COme on Worm, you're about as likely to get ACTUAL DIAGNOSIS from that type of dealer as you would calling Tech Support at the Phone Company/Cable TV !
Hey, I'm just looking for the some service-department entertainment. :25:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clank Clank

We have a 2001 MDX and it also has the clank on stop. The dearler also says they all have it and that it is oil canning of the fuel tank. We have made sure this is noted on every trip in for service to make sure we have a record on file. It originates from the rear of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts