Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states, do these wheels have enough offset to mount on the MDX? All I know is that the bolt pattern is the same, but not much else.

The reason for this is because I need to get my factory 20” ZDX wheels refinished in the oem chrome finish, (vacuum metalizing) which is a process that will take several weeks, as it involves shipping to the USA.

Someone I know has oem Civic Type R wheels buried in storage. He said if I can confirm that they will fit, he will make the effort to dig them out for me so that I can run on them until my wheels are done.

can someone confirm they will fit?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I test fitted a set of 2012 MDX wheels on my '17 CTR. The barrels were very close to the calipers but they fit.

I'm not sure about the high offset of the CTR wheels. The rims may not clear the MDX shocks and springs. If I still had the CTR I would try, but it was sold to purchase a ZL1 1LE.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I test fitted a set of 2012 MDX wheels on my '17 CTR. The barrels were very close to the calipers but they fit.

I'm not sure about the high offset (ET60) of the CTR wheels. The rims may not clear the MDX shocks and springs. If I still had the CTR I would try, but it was sold to purchase a ZL1 1LE.
Thanks for that. You voiced my concerns about the high offsets (ET60 vs. ET45 for the ZDX). I expect the brake clearance to be okay, but I don’t know if the barrel of the wheel will hit the spring/strut.

on a side note I’m wondering if the brakes from the CTR will fit the MDX 🤔

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd be more worried about the spokes not being able to handle the weight of the MDX and cause rim failure...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be more worried about the spokes not being able to handle the weight of the MDX and cause rim failure...
When I asked , someone told me that the CTR wheel is flowformed, which is stronger than the cast OEM ZDX wheel I have now... but again, I don’t have solid data to back this up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you tried to put those wheels on MDX? I wonder how it looks...

CTR FK8 has wheels with ET60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts