Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone! advance Merry Christmas to all of you. I'll be doing a long drive from Texas to New Jersey this coming weekend to visit my sister. I am a bit concern with some cost that goes with this two week vacation. Can anyone suggest if the motels along route 46 like congress inn motel etc. are safe and secured in terms of parking? hope you guys could help me out. my budget is around US$ 300 a week if anyone can suggest any motels around bergen county or somewhat close i would appreciate it.

:)

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Sheraton out in Wayne is pretty good. . . anything not too close to Paterson is pretty safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bergen County - Hotels

Holiday Inn - Hasbrouck Heights Rt17

Novatel - Lyndhurst, NJ Rt3 (near 46)

Red Roof Inn - Secaucus Rt3 (near 46)

Rt 46 hotels may prove to a bit rough around the edges. The best deal would be to visit Expedia.com for a hotel in Secaucus, and along Rt 3.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Seems like hotels near NYC are running around $100 per night. Wayne is not too far away and I believe their prices are lower.

Although this might not help, but there are some homes in Palisades Park (right off route 46) that provide a room and meals to primarily Korean businessmen who come into town. I believe it's fairly cheap ($40 a night or so), but you may not be interested.

-Brian.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Stay with your sister ... for free :confused: . Can't you crash somewhere in her place and offer to buy the groceries. With my family we can work out tight sharing situations for a week or two, but I guess this doesn't work for all families and can lead to this :twak: .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try Amerisuites in Paramus NJ - reasonable rates, indoor swimming, i believe refrig/micro and complimentary breakfast - safe parking

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to NJ

If you are looking for a hotel in Bergen County check out the Holiday Inn or the Hilton on Rt 4 in Fort Lee.

http://www.travelnow.com/index.jsp?pageName=hotInfo&cid=47202&hotelID=108294&hotnetrates=true&mode=2&city=Fort+Lee&stateProvince=Nj&country=Us&hotelName=&arrivalMonth=0&arrivalDay=12&departureMonth=0&departureDay=14&numberOfAdults=2&numberOfChildren=0&mode=2&showPopUpMap=false

They are two seconds from the George Washington Bridge which takes you right into New York City. If you plan on staying north of that there is a Sheraton in Mahwah

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&stat=1&srby=2&kart=0&locn=mahwah,+nj&ploc=mahwah,+nj&loid=&date1=12/24/2002&date2=12/25/2002&cadu1=1&ckdr1=0&rfrr=-905

But stay away from motels on Rt.46 in South Hackensack if you are looking for a safe area. Happy holidays and have a safe ride up.:)

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you can decide exactly where you want to stop in advance, try biddingfortravel.com. You should be able to get 3 star hotels (Sheraton etc.) for about $40 to 45 a night. 2 star for $30. The site tells you what the star system is and all are name brand hotels.

No need to pay retail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts