Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Years ago I owned the 1st gen Acura with perforated seats, where the leather was durable, dried quickly if I was sweaty, and always seemed to look nice. I'm now looking at purchasing a 3rd gen after seeing the new 2017 MDX refresh.

At this point my hangup is the perforated vs regular leather option. <Question 1> How different is the new 3rd gen perforated leather from the 1st gen? I'm reading forums saying that the perforated leather on the YD3 is very thin and delicate. This is not how I remember the 1st gen leather.

I have a larger frame and live an active outdoor lifestyle, so would like something slightly more rugged, but also leather that breathes/drys fast if I'm sweaty. <Question 2> Anyone out there with experience on the YD3 leather options, and how each type holds up to wear and tear.

Thank you.

Zack

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have a 2014 Tech with non-perf seats. It has around 29K miles on it now. The seats are fine - they look about like they did when new.

Having cooled seats appeals to me (I never actually use the heated seat function since I live in a warm climate) but I didn't want to pay the extra many thousands of dollars to go with the Advance model which was the only way to get the cooled/perf seats on the 2014 model - they even forced a buy of the entertainment option which I have no use for. The cooled/perf seats weren't worth spending many thousands of dollars on IMO.

Others who have the perf seats will need to chime in on how well those are holding up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts