Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a few days in Chicago on a business trip.

While driving around Chicago for several days, I noticed quite a few MDX's, more than I have seen in any other large city. (I've been in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, Memphis, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati in the past two months)

One left the airport when I arrived, and I must have seen at least 50 others in a two days there. Just wondering if any one else has noticed a similar trend in Chitown?

Still loving my MDX after three months.

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tell me about it! I live in a North Shore suburb of Chicago, and it looks like the MDX is the new "cool" car to have. What once was a town full of RX300's and ML320's, is now a town full of MANY MDX's, and only a handful of ML320's. You still see your share of RX300's. Downtown Highland Park might as well be the MDX showcase area!

What I've noticed is a lot of my friends who have MDX's (no surprise there) are all coming from minivans, but most from the Chrysler Town & Country. Hopefully, soon we will, too!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Not surprising - Remery's been driving around there for over a year, he's a "rolling" MDX advertisement!

Chicago's also the only place in the country where I've seen an MDX billboard...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MDX4Now,

That makes two of us with a Town and Country plus an MDX. My wife loves the Town and Country, but I only drive it if forced as opposed to driving my MDX as much as possible.

I flew to Chicago and after a while in a rental Taurus piece of garbage, it made me wish I was driving one of those many Chitown MDXs.

I do have to say I am glad I don't have to fight the traffic there everyday....here in NE Tennessee I very seldom have to wait more than one cycle at a redlight, much less have any back up on the roads.

But Chicago is a great place to visit or do business.

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You Call Those Big Cities?

MIKEinTN said:
I just returned from a few days in Chicago on a business trip.

While driving around Chicago for several days, I noticed quite a few MDX's, more than I have seen in any other large city. (I've been in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, Memphis, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati in the past two months)...d.

MIKEinTN
I know you live in TN but c'mon guy Memphis vs. Chicago?:rolleyes: I now see a lot of MDXs around town but we have 8 dealers or so plus real winters but not the tundra type that ghost has to endure. Another city where I have seen a lot of MDXs is Seattle which is not that big. I also see quite a few in Denver where I have been working for the past month but still doesn't compare to Chi Town.

Hey ghost, maybe another explanation for the flock of MDXs here is Chicago is the home to Tootsie Roll and you know how great that Mahogany color looks in motion:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I'm on the Ike every day and most days there are enough MDXs out there to taunt me all the way to and from work! We drive by an Acura dealership several times a week and they hardly ever have any out there!

Wishing and dreaming.......:p

·
Registered
166 Posts
As Harry used to say..."Holy Cow!" There ARE a ton of MDXs in Chicago! I was visiting friends this week and I must have seen at least 15-20 of 'em in about 3+ days! I haven't seen that many in a month here in AZ...

Interesting, I was also primarily in the Northern Suburbs...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I lived in a NW suburb of Chicago for 7 years -- Buffalo Grove. It doesn't surprise me in the least you see a bunch of MDXs there; just feels right for that town. I wouldn't be terribly thrilled to drive it downtown though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts