Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2011 ACURA MDX and after about a month of driving it I got the "CHECK TPMS SYSTEM" error and when selecting to view the tires I get a "System Function Error" with dashes next to all the tires.
My troubleshooting steps that I have done is as follows:
I ordered 4 TPMS sensors from Ebay TPMS Ebay and got it installed at Discount Tires. They validated each TPMS sensor with the tool and got a reading that it was good to be installed.
After replacing the 4 TPMS sensors it did not resolve my issue.
I came across another MDX forum that stated that there were a bunch of error codes for the TPMS computer that was causing the issue. Therefore I took my car in and there was in-fact a lot of error codes on my TPMS which I cleared and could see the tire PSI readings on the screen. But after a good 20 minutes of driving the TPMS error came back.
At this time I'm completely lost on what I need to do next. The only thing I can think of is the actual TPMS receiver piece. Has anyone else had any luck on getting this issue fixed as I see its a pretty big one for Acura.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Got a 2011 ACURA MDX and after about a month of driving it I got the "CHECK TPMS SYSTEM" error and when selecting to view the tires I get a "System Function Error" with dashes next to all the tires.
My troubleshooting steps that I have done is as follows:
I ordered 4 TPMS sensors from Ebay TPMS Ebay and got it installed at Discount Tires. They validated each TPMS sensor with the tool and got a reading that it was good to be installed.
After replacing the 4 TPMS sensors it did not resolve my issue.
I came across another MDX forum that stated that there were a bunch of error codes for the TPMS computer that was causing the issue. Therefore I took my car in and there was in-fact a lot of error codes on my TPMS which I cleared and could see the tire PSI readings on the screen. But after a good 20 minutes of driving the TPMS error came back.
At this time I'm completely lost on what I need to do next. The only thing I can think of is the actual TPMS receiver piece. Has anyone else had any luck on getting this issue fixed as I see its a pretty big one for Acura.
The most likely problem is the eBay sensor. I bought Denso sensors from rockauto and install them myself. Work perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Miker104

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Iy should be common sense to buy OEM level quality parts when it comes to sensors. Don't try to get them from eBay to save 20 bucks.

Here is my diy. You can do this yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most likely problem is the eBay sensor. I bought Denso sensors from rockauto and install them myself. Work perfectly.

There should be no readings coming from the ebay sensors right, if there was in issue with the ebay sensors? I'm getting tire pressure readings after I clear the code but as soon as I drive 20 minutes the error code happens again. There is another post with the similar issue I'm following. 2011 MDX Tech Displays TPMS System Function Error: After...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
A low quality sensor can fail in a hundred ways. Not difficult to come up with a story to explain it, right?

·
Registered
369 Posts
It’s been a while since I visited this forum. The advice given these days are absolutely outrageous with many of them being “let’s throw this out there hope it sticks”Here are some facts. When you change a tire or move a tpms, the car will throw a code or error on the tpms until you drive for a bit while it calibrates. (Hence your 20 mins)

since this is what you are experiencing, only in reverse , start there. It is normal to have the tpm warning after a tire change, until it calibrates. Didn’t the people that install the sensors for you tell you this? You are having issues , clearing out codes and then when the car tries to calibrate, get error messages. You have really one option, get original
Acura tpms sensors, professionally installed and then see what happens. It will rule out your sensor being bad. Makes sense?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I ended up going to Discount Tires and replaced all 4 sensors (VDO 7002A TQ70 BLUE 315 Redi). This ended up resoling my issue.
I searched the part number. America's Tire, same as DT, charges $60 each. Is this for real? Does it include installation?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts