Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Here is a strange one. I get the Check SH-AWD message when the temperature out is -15 celsius or lower. AWD gets disabled and car only works on FWD. Once it warms up outside message is gone. Anyone have this before? Or better yet knows what is causing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Very weird...
But only Acura/Honda is able to diagnose SH-AWD codes.. They are not available online anywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Happened to me once, I think last month, and it quickly went off after driving a few minutes, I think the temp was -40C wind chill and mine's been sitting outside for 4 hours. Never happened again though and our winter temp here is around -20C average.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's happened to me before and it got more frequent. It could be a sign of one of your wheel sensors starting to fail. This is what happened to me eventually.

The next time you get the message, you can scan it to see if it is a wheel sensor or not and which one it is. You can pay a dealer to do it or just get a scanner that can read the ABS Honda/Acura modules.

My bet is that it is one of your wheels sensors since you live in Toronto where there is corrosion.

I've included a link.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/115297-finally-fixed-my-vsa-abs-assist61-assist16-warnings.html

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. My battery is brand new AGM. Less than a year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think it's strange cause my car has sat in -30c and I've never had this happen to me. Maybe it's just some sensor freezing up and as you drive it warms up .

·
Registered
132 Posts
My tpms system does the same thing below 50 degree F. I haven't bothered to look into yet, but I will once my tires come in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts