Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i been getting the check oil level light when im at idle and when i just tap the gay it goes away for a while.. its getting more frequent now.. i assuming pressure sensor?

·
Registered
962 Posts
It may be an actual pressure problem or a bad sensor. Easiest to replace the sensor to check. Use only Genuine Acura part. Aftermarket sensors are usually third rate junk.

·
Registered
749 Posts
After running some BG EPR pn109 thru my engine, at 90,000 miles I starting getting the "check oil level" alarm. This is a very good engine cleaner.

Replacing the oil level sensor in a 10 minute job.
Un-clipping the 2 plugs (one that is in the way and the actual oil level sensor plug) is the most time consuming.
I believe that I used a 24mm closed end wrench, from under the mdx. I move the sensor 1/8" at a time and re positioned the wrench. I did this 6 times, before I could unscrew the sensor, by hand.
If you note the plug's angle, before you start wrenching, it will help, because the plug wires are short and don't twist easily.

I use the BG pn109 and am happy with its level of engine cleaning, but I know it may clog the oil level sensor. I'll put the old sensor back, when I run another can of the pn 109, then put the newer sensor back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts