Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I returned home last night after having my 05 mdx at the dealer to replace the radiator. It is approaching 200k miles so also had them replace the timing belt and tensioner. The also replaced the water pump (leaking) and the oil pump gasket. When I started up my mdx today the check engine light was on as well as the vtm-4 light. The vtm light went out before I got to autozone to check the error messages which are listed below. They also replace the hood latch as the mechanic did not have it aligned properly when he put everything back together and broke it when closing the hood. I am wondering if any of the repairs could be responsible for the errors listed. The car is running as smooth as it ever has both while idle and running. Any insight would be appreciated.

P0301 Misfire No.1 Cylinder
P0302 Misfire No.2 Cylinder
P0303 Misfire No.3 Cylinder
P0304 Misfire No.4 Cylinder
P0305 Misfire No.5 Cylinder
P0306 Misfire No.6 Cylinder
P0300 Random Misfire
P0301 Misfire No.1 Cylinder
P0302 Misfire No.2 Cylinder
P0303 Misfire No.3 Cylinder
P0304 Misfire No.4 Cylinder
P0305 Misfire No.5 Cylinder
P0306 Misfire No.6 Cylinder
P0300 Random Misfire

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Time to diagnose coil plugs...
How is the car running? Valve adjustment was done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is running smooth both at idle and while driving. No stutters or hesitation. No valve adjustments done when recent repairs where completed

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
200K and never adjusted the Valves? I would start with those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valves were adjusted around 115k along with timing belt change and gasket replacement. My question was if any of the fixes they just implemented could have caused these errors to show up. Ie., something didnt get connected properly when they started putting everything back together again. Im not a big believer in coincidence. Particularly when I just had work done on my car and within 5 miles I have more problems particularly with all 6 cyclinders at the same time.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Multiple missfires often mean there is a bad coil plug or there is an actual missfire caused by incorrect valve lash, The work done to the car will not trigger those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts