Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took delivery of my X last Friday and it has only two hundred miles on it. tonight, when I was getting ready to drive somewhere with it, the check engine light came on and stayed on. does anyone know what could be the cause for this? Should I be able to bring the X to any Acura dealer and have them take a look at it and fix it for free since its still under warranty? thanks in advance for your help.

Kiet

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just take it to any acura dealer and they'll "read the code" and diagnois it. My guess would be a loose connector somewhere. Probably something that came loose in shipping. It's too early for a parts failure. You might do a search on indicator light and see what you find. It seems to be that others might have had this problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
By the way. Did you put just gas it up? If so, you have to turn the gas cap at least three "clicks" to seal the system or the check engine light comes on. Check the owners manual to see how to reset it if that's the problem. I think you just have to retighten it and then drive around for a few minutes.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I heard about the gas cap thing from others as well. However, I have not pour gas on my X yet. Its still running on the same tank that the dealer had filled up with. I hope that when they filled it up for me, that the close the gas cap tightly. I will bring it to the nearest dealership as soon as possible. Thanks.

Kiet

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. I retighten the gas cap just in case. Afterward, I drove to work (12 miles) and the check engine light was still on. However, when i left work later on in the day, half way home, the light went away. So i guess it was teh gas cap thingy after all. if it comes back again, then I'll definitely know its something else.

Kiet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts