Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2007 mdx, I had a B12 service advisory. In the past I would go to a dealer or nearby auto shop to handle that as I am not much of DIY person. However, with some encouragement from a friend and some online help, I decided to try replacing engine air filer and cabin air filer myself. Cabin air filter replacement was fine it seems but when I started removing the screws for Engine air filter casing, I couldn't reach the far left screw with the tools I have. I removed the other screws and the cable connector first but had to put them back until I have socket extension or something that can open that far back screw on the left.

Ok, so that was the background. Now, when I start the car, I see "Check Emission System" sign and I am concerned that in trying to do it myself, I got myself into some more trouble. Online lookup for this sign suggests something to do with the fuel cap that I have not touched in several days. Please help!!!! Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Recheck the cable connector you removed and make sure it is seated and "clicked" in.

If the cel is still present, you can try clearing it at a local Autozone for free or you can disconnect the battery for a few min and reconnect and see if cel still comes back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would start by trying to tighten the fuel cap. If that isn't it, then I would take the car to your local Auto Zone/Advance Auto Parts/Pep Boys/whoever to have it scanned. I'm assuming that if you have a check emissions warning then it is throwing some sort of OBDII code, which most of those places will read for free. Having that code can point you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts