Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2010 MDX and driving home this evening the following warning lights all came on at the same time: Check ABS, Check VSA, Check Trailer Stability Assist, Check SH-AWD.

I have red through forums and searched the Internet for a few potential causes. I have seen similar problems, but not exactly the same solved by replacing the battery, replacing a fuse, or replacing the brake light switch.

Any suggestions on my problem and where I should start?

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the info I have read, the most likely cause is the stop switch. It is only a $12 part, so I have ordered it and should be able to change it out tomorrow evening. I'll update if that fixed the problem.

My brake lights still work, so that makes me believe the switch may not be my problem. For $12, it is worth a shot to try.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the switch (pretty easy job), but it did not fix the problem. I disconnected and reconnected the battery and it still didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Can you read the code by jumping the service connector? I do this a lot on the RL but not sure if it is available on the 2nd gen MDX. Try searching read abs or something similar.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the jumper trick to read the code work for a 2010 MDX? I could not find a 2-prong service connector to try it.

I will take vehicle to autozone tomorrow to if they can read it.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Odds are they won't be able to read it either. You would need to take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autozone said no errors. May mean their instrument just doesn't pick up warning codes.

Anything else to try before going to the dealer? Can a Honda dealer read codes or only Acura? My Acura dealer is 60 miles away.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Autozone said no errors. May mean their instrument just doesn't pick up warning codes.

Anything else to try before going to the dealer? Can a Honda dealer read codes or only Acura? My Acura dealer is 60 miles away.
There is no problem, Honda will cope with all. In Russia there is no Acura dealers, Honda dealers repairs are carried out ..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two Honda dealerships both said they cannot read Acura codes. I took to Acura today and they read the code. The problem is the right rear wheel speed sensor. They did not have the part in stock.

Anyone replaced a rear speed sensor? Wondering if it is a fairly easy DIY job.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Part is ordered and should be here Friday. I'll try to put it on this weekend and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I replaced the right rear speed sensor and the problem is solved. The entire job took less than 45 minutes. The steps were remove the back wheel (to improve access), disconnect old sensor, pull out old sensor, put in new sensor, connect new sensor. Other reports said the sensor can be hard to get in or out, but mine was easy. I put a shot of PB Blaster around it and it slid right out and the new one in.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
On a '10 model I would suspect it would be easy. On a 99 Acura in the salt belt, that sucker was rusted on there. It took a bit with the BFH to get it out. Glad everything worked out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did have sameissue twice already. first i got to service and they replaced brake switch. now it happened again after few months while i was 2000miles from home. few alarms without sensible link like emmision, vsa and trailer came at once. i stopped the car and tried to clean alarms. without result.
After some time i started to think how these not linked systems can fail at once. then i thought this is main unit problem.

##you can not follow next steps if you dont have special security code to start your car after battery replacement. it may be requested to start the car again.

As i was far i stopped the car, unscrewed main battery red connector and disconnected battery. honestly i gave the machine like more shock doing it few times very short observing the sparkles... then i connected the battery and turned the car on. the alarms have disapeared and i could drive another 2000 miles home without the issue coming out again.

hope this gives you some help
Andy

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just to be certain before I order, are these the proper part numbers for the rear sensors?

57470-STX-A01 (right)
57475-STX-A01 (left)
FWIW, you can also save a few bucks and have it right away at your local Napa store. They are in Napa packaging but it seems to be repackaged OEM part. See pics below:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just had both the Check VSA System and Check Trailer Stability Assist lights come on.

What are the causes of this? How do you recommend I fix this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update?? I just ran across this same issue this morning. VSA failed first with error code 68, then 2 miles later trailer stability assist with error code 69. Next SH-AWD disabled with error code.

So here are the warning and lights
VSA error 68
Trailer stability assist error 69
SH-AWD error 77
Check engine light is not on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
nining
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing