Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chase bank and acura have a deal going on it is 5.3% finace for 5 years.I *****ed here last week about dealer screwing me and changing % rate at last minute -well i went to pick up the x and dealer told me of the deal and gave to me .save me about 1000dollars in interest.see jonathen at hillside acura in bay shore new york.love the truck first weekend with it -was fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
mulsmdx--

Did the dealer happen to mention if this deal is local or nationwide, and for how long this deal will be available to consumers:confused: ?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
maybe nationwide.

because while I waiting for the X, I have begun shopping around for a loan, all were crazy 6.79-8%, yeah right. I gave chase a ring and the approved me for 5.69. I wanted to have a back up if the dealer had a so-so APR. But the rep from chase told me even if I called up again on the day I am buying and then go to the dealer you will always get a better apr from the dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the rep from chase told me even if I called up again on the day I am buying and then go to the dealer you will always get a better apr from the dealer.
Was chase suggesting using their apr quote as leverage against the rate offered by the dealer? Unless chase backs that up in writing, why wouldn't the dealer assume that the consumer was bluffing for a lower interest rate?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
5.49%

My rate was 5.49% from American Honda (dealer). I assume it hasn't changed since a month ago. www.peoplefirst.com also gives good rates.

·
Registered
38 Posts
MULSMDX

I also purchased my GG MDX touring from Hillside Acura about 5 weeks ago and Jonathon was also my salesman. A real straight shooterand nice guy. I was very happy with the sales dept. but not doing too good with the service dept. The service Manager is great but the tech that put my trailer hitch on left the 2 8mm verticle bolts in the center out. Took it in and they tell me that Acura Tech told them to order a new hitch because the holes don't align right.

Why didn't the service dept tell me this before I picked up my MDX and WHY did I have to discover this myself. If I never looked under the vehicle, I wouldn't have known and they would have let me tow something with 2 missing bolts. Sub par in my books. I'll see how they correct things!!!!

Happy MDXing!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
finance rates

http://www.bestrates.com

is a good guide of best finance rates.

Currently, in the SF Bay Area, a 60 month auto loan can be had for:

Virtual Bank 5.55%
Eloan 5.59%
People First 5.99%
Provident CU 6.3%
Pentagon Federal CU 4.9% (need to be part of the armed forces to qualify)

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
jskibi said:

Was chase suggesting using their apr quote as leverage against the rate offered by the dealer? Unless chase backs that up in writing, why wouldn't the dealer assume that the consumer was bluffing for a lower interest rate?

Well thats what Im going to do, but I have the check to back it up :), but the rep said to call him up and "re-evaluate" the loan to see if there is a lower APR.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re: 4.97%

GG32002texas said:
I got 4.97% for 60 months thru chase. It did have a min. of 10K down payment.
Really! I assume you are from Texas when did you apply for the loan? I checked bankrate and the rates are shooting up up 6.99%
Well almost all lenders want a minimum of 10%, My wife and I are putting down 14k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts