Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just plugged in my USB type-c cable for my Galaxy S8+, and I think my MDX either fried the wire or somsthing, as now the phone won't charge or fast charge now... does this happen to any of you guys?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I charge my iPhone 6S and my wife's iPhone 7 all the time in our MDX. Works great for me.

Are you saying the phone won't charge at all even on a normal household charger? Or just on your USB ports in the car?

Have you tried a new cable?

If just the ports in the car, it could be a fuse.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I charge my iPhone 6S and my wife's iPhone 7 all the time in our MDX. Works great for me.

Are you saying the phone won't charge at all even on a normal household charger? Or just on your USB ports in the car?

Have you tried a new cable?

If just the ports in the car, it could be a fuse.
I tried another cable and it charges my phone fine. Not sure what caused this issue. I also contacted Samsung and Acura for this issue and they said check with another phone and then have a dealer check the ports.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Sounds like you've narrowed the issue down to the cable. They can go bad if they get pinched or are otherwise over-worked.

Personally I like the Anker PowerLine+ cables. You can get them on Amazon. They're not exactly cheap, but they're exceptionally well made. They have a nice braided jacket and have very sturdy connectors.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The USB port in the car doesn't have fast charging it will only show cable charging or slow charging.

Okay... well whatever it did, it killed the wire completely.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Was the "killed wire" a genuine Samsung usb type-c cable that came with your S8+ or an aftermarket? My Note8 and a friend's S8 never have any charging problem.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was the "killed wire" a genuine Samsung usb type-c cable that came with your S8+ or an aftermarket? My Note8 and a friend's S8 never have any charging problem.
Yes it is the genuine samsung charger, that came with my Galaxy S8+.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Fried" phone charging cords

I recently had the same trouble with charging cords, 3 cords have been "fried" after being plugged into the usb port. Have you found a solution on your end? After the first I assumed it was just a bad cord but now that it has happened to 2 others so it must be a problem with the port. The cords I used were original apple cords.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts