Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the platinum white model, but the little car avatar in the gauge cluster insists I own a grey/black model.

Is there any way to change the color? Nothing immediately jumped out at me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
There isnt, I don't see why Acura can't do this automatically through an software update since they know your VIN and paint color. Would be a nice touch/easter egg. Lucikly I bought gray so it matches already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isnt, I don't see why Acura can't do this automatically through an software update since they know your VIN and paint color. Would be a nice touch/easter egg. Lucikly I bought gray so it matches already.
I swear I've seen others have white in the avatar as well, so I don't think it's one color for everyone.

I know it's small, but my 2016 QX60 was a troglodyte when it came to tech and even that had the ability to change the color of the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it makes you feel any better my Audi can't change the color either. Not sure why... seems pretty basic and obvious.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Egress99, I like the avatar on the dashboard, and its not color coordinated to my Fathom Blue Pearl either. But my view on it, like most Gimmicky things like this, are novelties. Yes, it serves a digital function with the Acura Drive / ACC component and it's Cool, but I have found in my life (70 years old and retired), that Novelties Do Wear Off!!. I am just very pleased with my new MDX Advance , since getting it on 8/20, that I still feel like a 12 year old at XMAS who got a fancy Toy !! But that will wear off too.... At the end of the day, Enjoy the performance of this car. I do. Can't wait to go out and get the Newspapers everyday :):):). I really LIKE this car (I reserve the term, LOVE, for people).

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
since getting it on 8/20, that I still feel like a 12 year old at XMAS who got a fancy Toy !! But that will wear off too
My 2014 MDX that I've owned since new still feels new to me every time I drive it. I don't drive it every day, it's the car my wife drives, but that's the way it feels.

In other words - the toy/fun aspect doesn't always wear off, especially with the right attitude - like enjoying the performance as you stated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Egress99, I like the avatar on the dashboard, and its not color coordinated to my Fathom Blue Pearl either. But my view on it, like most Gimmicky things like this, are novelties. Yes, it serves a digital function with the Acura Drive / ACC component and it's Cool, but I have found in my life (70 years old and retired), that Novelties Do Wear Off!!. I am just very pleased with my new MDX Advance , since getting it on 8/20, that I still feel like a 12 year old at XMAS who got a fancy Toy !! But that will wear off too.... At the end of the day, Enjoy the performance of this car. I do. Can't wait to go out and get the Newspapers everyday :):):). I really LIKE this car (I reserve the term, LOVE, for people).
In the grand scheme of things, you're completely right. Thanks for pulling my head out of the minutiae.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2014 MDX that I've owned since new still feels new to me every time I drive it. I don't drive it every day, it's the car my wife drives, but that's the way it feels.

In other words - the toy/fun aspect doesn't always wear off, especially with the right attitude - like enjoying the performance as you stated.
I agree with you on this mdxstang. I own a [email protected] that I purchased new two uears ago, and I still enjoy driving it every time I’m behind the wheel. It still has that “pazazz” feeling to it - especially when I use the Sport setting on the Dynamic control. I have not regretted my decision to buy this car - and actually traded up from an Acura RDX. I recently drove a new 2022 MDX that was a Service Loaner while my car was in the shop for a warranty recall repair, and while it was a terrific car, I still like my MDX. Maybe in a few years I’ll trade mine in on a newer model MDX. Just my 2¢ worth there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts