Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the tire shop right now. My front tires either have wear from alignment issue or I did not inflate tire enough causing excessive wear on the outside of both tires, part of radial exposed so I just wanted to get cheap tires until i have the suspension fixed and get alignment done.

Fast forward, the tech told me that if I do not change all 4 tires at the same time I will mess up my AWD same with Subaru. I thought to my self, my 2nd gen SH-AWD is better than Subaru Lol. So I acknowledged that I won’t blame on them if I damage the AWD and I only want to replace 2 at this time. I need read my manual again now. Lol.
Do you guys have any problem changing only two tires?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Industry standard calls for ALL tires to be the same size and within 2/32 of tread depth to avoid damage to the AWD system.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks this is new to me. I am glad my rear tires have 6/32 left so I think it will be ok for now. Thanks Pkrface.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm not sure you understood. If your rears have 6/32 and most new tires are 10-11/32 you won't be within 2/32. If the new tires have 10/32 then you should have no less than 8/32 on the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts