Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
2003 Acura MDX New wheels and tires. 255 60R 17

Hello All,
I recently purchased new wheels and tires for my 03 MDX. Wheel size is 17 X 7.5 42mm offset. Tires are 255 60R 17. This gives the vehicle a nice aggressive stance while maintaining the speedo and driving characteristics. This tire size all but cancels out the OEM size. I haven't noticed much of a difference in fuel economy, but the ride is nice and the handling feels great. it looks great from the front and rear. very aggressive.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello All,
I recently purchased new wheels and tires for my 03 MDX. Wheel size is 17 X 7.5 42mm offset. Tires are 255 60R 17. This gives the vehicle a nice aggressive stance while maintaining the speedo and driving characteristics. This tire size all but cancels out the OEM size. I haven't noticed much of a difference in fuel economy, but the ride is nice and the handling feels great. it looks great from the front and rear. very aggressive.
If you check the Tire Rack site it allows you to obtain the correct -1, +1, +2 tire sizes. So if you input your car, the spreadsheet for a particular make of tire will compare your tire size with the other tire sizes within a given model. One of the values in the chart is the rpm. For the oem tire that number is 716 rpm's, which is the same for your tire size. Which tires did you purchase. The change from 65 series to 60 series shouldn't have much of an impact on your gas mileage, if at all.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
If you check the Tire Rack site it allows you to obtain the correct -1, +1, +2 tire sizes.
Sometimes those recommendations are not precise or an accurate match. You're better off using a tire size calculator such as this one. In this particular case, the outer diameter of 255/60-17 is within 0.1 percent of the 235/65-17 stock (29.05" vs 29.03").

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to change tires from 235/65/R17 Acura 2003 MDX, from a nissan murano 235/65/R18. I just bought my daughter tires and then her suv was totaled, however the tires are in great condition from her suv. So I wanted to know if the tires with her rims be a great fit for my 2003 acura mdx. Both suv's have 5 nuts. Please someone help me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,
Do you know if this tire size (255 60R 17) fits in the 2003 OEM wheels?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts