Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
eBay usually has them, or if you know the connector type then you can search based on it.

The 17 MDX interior lights are not bad IMO. Switching to LED just make it brighter which isn't that necessary

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
The information section of your owner's manual contains a specifications section that shows you the wattage of the incandescent types. The interior bulbs haven't changed since 2014, so using these pieces of information, you can also google sites like this: XenonDepot | 2016 Acura MDX HID Kits | Replacement Bulbs | LED Lighting. They don't always have the correct information, which is why you should back check against the manual's wattages.

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
I second xenon depot. Great customer service. Give them a call to dbl check all possible replacements.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a 2020 MDX and I’m trying to do the same. Have you had any luck? I can’t seem to take off the dome lights. Any suggestions?
The overhead dome lights on the interior of the MDX are already LED, just a warm white color temp.
You can replace the bulbs in the footwells and the tailgate however.

See thread below with pictures of the overhead dome lights:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I replace the interior lights In all my cars with LEDs. I purchase them on amazon. They are usually 168s or 194s which are the same. The lenses just pop off, you can use a small flathead or trim tool. On my 2017 MDX I did the lights in the trunk area and the backup lights. On my 2019 TLX they are all LEDs except the trunk, which I replaced yesterday. These bulbs you can buy in a pack 4,6,8,10, etc and usually less than a $1 a bulb. Easy to do and they are bright white. I use the sylvania bulb finder website to figure out which bulbs to buy. Below.

·
Registered
225 Posts
For popping off the lenses you can look at almost any Honda or Toyota YouTube video on replacing interior lights. It’s very easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.