Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my plugs yesterday, 2007 Acura MDX (196,000KM, or about 120,000M). I Did seafoam it 2 days ago as well, but it looks like I Didn't do a great job at it, or the seafoam didn't do much.

Here are some pics inside. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

For the picture of the spark plugs socket (The only one there) what could cause it to be dirty like that?

·
Registered
798 Posts
For that many miles, seems like carbon buildup. Have you used regular gas a lot, or cheap oil/extended oil changes?

Does all your cylinders look the same?

How did you apply seafoam(gas, intake, etc)?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
With that much carbon build up I would check a tons of stuff.. starting with valve clearance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What do you expect the cylinder to look like?

How about a closer look at one of the plugs you pulled. I didn't see that in your Imgr pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you expect the cylinder to look like?

How about a closer look at one of the plugs you pulled. I didn't see that in your Imgr pics.
I tossed them, they had some signs of wear and carbon fouling.

I have only had the car for 7000KM, the previous owner i have a feeling used regular gas, seems like he cheaped out on a lot of stuff. The engine runs fine now, there isn't too much build up, mostly around the valve reliefs closer to the outside of the piston.

The only issue I'm seeing with this thing right now, is that the mileage isn't that great. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts