Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently got 2014 Certified Pre-Owned MDX. When I test drove it everything looked fine. When I took delivery of the vehicle, I noticed a chip in the windshield which was filled (probably by the previous owner). However, I can still see the crack lines between the inside and the outside surface of the glass. When I pointed this to the salesman, he said since this is a CPO, they will replace it and asked me to come back 3 days later for "someone" to take a look at it. When I went back, the Sales Manager said that since this passes Texas State Inspection and Acura CPO Inspection, they will not replace it. They will have the glass guy have a look at it and see if he can do a "better" job. He then asked me to come back when the glass guy comes in the delearship. So, before I went there, I wanted to get your opinions on this issue. Acura CPO says "Every vehicle must pass stringent measures before it becomes CPO." One of the points in 182 point inspection is "Windshield/glass (crack, chips, scratches, pitting). So the question is that if the dealer says that they won't replace it, can I show this to them saying that Acura requires you to fix this to pass CPO inspection? What recourse do I have?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think you have one. Yes, the windshield had/has a crack and was repaired (in some fashion which you don't think is great). However, it is a functional windshield. If it wasn't safe, it would be replaced.

Just because it is a CPO, doesn't mean it is damage free. According to the info I got from Acura, a CPO is allowed to have 2 body panels replaced with OEM grade parts and still be called CPO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts