Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have waxed my MDX with Gold Class Meguires and love it.

BUT, I was wondering if there is a ceramic product you can just spray on and wipe off!

Not interested in multiple steps that take all day.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Meguar's have a spray on ceramic product: https://amzn.to/2WoLPZY

But from what I read and from my experience with detailing, this is not going to be anywhere near the experience as is with proper ceramic coating after paint correction, which is quite expensive.

I've even seen the Meguiar's own video on applying this spray on (so supposedly they would want for their product to look good in their video), but I'm totally not impressed.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would second the Meguiar's spray on ceramic coating with two thumbs up (smells nice too). I use it on my 11 MDX paint, exterior glass, rims, and exterior plastic trim (it helps darken up sun faded plastic trim). We don't get a lot of rain; but, the coating stays for months in the southwest. It isn't oily and doesn't collect dust/dirt after a day or two like other plastic trim dressings.

I spray on Meguiar's a section at a time with the MDX wet from a normal wash/rinse. I use a small microfiber wax applicator pad to rub it in on each section I'm doing (still spraying occasionally to keep the rest of MDX wet), I then use a large microfiber towel to dry/polish to a streak free shine. It beads up the water pretty good for a while on the paint, trim, and glass.

Like everything else, really depends on how clean and polished your paint is before adding Meguiar's or ceramic coating. I did self healing paint protective film and ceramic coating on top of the PPF on my 19 MDX and 18 RLX. The paint correction before adding both films was the expensive part. PPF/Ceramic coast will lock in that perfect shine for 2-10 years depending on which product, occasional clay-bar maintenance, and washes with ceramic boosters+microfiber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts