Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the lid on the front console cup holder will not click shut. I close it and it clicks weakly and opens again. I have <1700 miles on the car and have not used the cup holder excessively. I think that I can wait until the 1st service to get it fixed, but it is annoying. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Put the spring back into your step!

Dave,

It has happened to me several times. You have to place the spring back into place. It runs perpendicular to the cup holder kinda between both cup cutouts on the bottom side. There are two holes where you have to replace the spring back into....damn this is hard to explain without a visual. Hopefully, I can send a pic of it soon if no one else beats me to it.

If you lost the spring...find one at any hardware store or hopefully the dealer will hook you up with a FREE one. I would be real surprised if they charged you for that part!

·
Registered
285 Posts
that whole cupholder unit can be taken out without any serious effort.... last time i was at the dealership checking out my center console a/c unit, the tech just pulled it out and push it back in.... it was soooo easy... so ask the dealer to replace the cupholder unit, shouldn't be any problem for them... and probably will take them 10 seconds to do so...

good luck...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after further review...

I pulled the cup holder unit out, and lost one of the clips in the process, probably went into the hole it clips into (no mans land). The spring is attached as it should be. I think the problem lies in that little tensioned pin that slots into the geared wheel. The pin is supposed to find a home on a little heart shaped shelf - and that holds the cover down. That pin is not holding the lid down, either becuase of insufficient force, or the little heart shaped groove is not effective in keeping the pin in place. Looks like a dealer issue now, I hope that they just replace the entire unit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dave-

since you're in dallas, go to goodson acura... i personally had good experience with them recently (when compared with david mcdavid acura in plano)...

one thing to keep in mind when going there: have to be there before 9am to secure a loaner car....

good luck...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright then

Thanks, that's where I got my MDX. We'll see how they do on this fix.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you usually get a loaner car even if not working with the Acura dealer where purchased?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't mean to go off subject a little, but can you explain how they accessed the rear A/C unit. I've been trying to figure that out so that I can route some wires in there. I can get the rear vent to come out about a half inch but didn't want to force it too much.

·
Registered
738 Posts
TC said:
I don't mean to go off subject a little, but can you explain how they accessed the rear A/C unit. I've been trying to figure that out so that I can route some wires in there. I can get the rear vent to come out about a half inch but didn't want to force it too much.
TC,
Yep - its inappropriate. Go to Audio & Electronics & I'll repost your message their with my experience in taking apart the center console.

·
Registered
285 Posts
juvee said:
Do you usually get a loaner car even if not working with the Acura dealer where purchased?
the answer is a definately YES....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good deal on the loaner! This is the first new car I had purchased and the local place indicated I would not get a loaner if I bought the car out of the area. Obviously, people do move sometimes after buying a car so it didn't make much sense to me. They are charging a 1,000 protection package and 2,000 "market adjustment" in my city!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts