Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to lock the center console arm rest in place? When i brake and a passenger is using the armrest it slides forward a lot. It does it when I'm using it too. Is mine broken or am i missing something? It just seems that it should not slide forward so easily. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Is there a way to lock the center console arm rest in place? When i brake and a passenger is using the armrest it slides forward a lot. It does it when I'm using it too. Is mine broken or am i missing something? It just seems that it should not slide forward so easily. Thanks!
Perhaps something is broken on yours? Mine does slide with little effort, but it does require deliberate effort. It doesn't move when I brake.

·
Registered
713 Posts
mine will slide back if the passenger leans on it and pushes it back, then it will slide forward if she is leaning on it, and I brake. Basically it is the passenger doing it, not the car. I've never found a lock but I have caught the passenger doing it and complained about it in a way that it no longer happens. Sorta like the person who is always leaning on things.........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine will slide back if the passenger leans on it and pushes it back, then it will slide forward if she is leaning on it, and I brake. Basically it is the passenger doing it, not the car. I've never found a lock but I have caught the passenger doing it and complained about it in a way that it no longer happens. Sorta like the person who is always leaning on things.........

Yes! I thought it might just be the passenger leaning a little too hard. I was just wondering if a position lock existed. Seems like a design flaw. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Super funny this was happening today we took a long 4hr trip wife kept doing it too, should be way to lock it since its common annoyance, maybe 2020 will fix it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Super funny this was happening today we took a long 4hr trip wife kept doing it too, should be way to lock it since its common annoyance, maybe 2020 will fix it

At the rate things are going at Acura, probably the 2026 model will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts