Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

How many of you are now getting rattles from the center armrest/cubby? I brought mine in to get fixed but they have no solutions and said that almost all 14-16s have this problem so it's something I'd likely have to live with. Dealer still offered to replace it though, but said it will likely happen again. Want to get some more info before going at it with ACR. Thanks.

P.S. The best way to reproduce this is to retract the armrest to closed position and drive with two hands. Should happen over lane lines, bumps, etc. You won't hear it if you drive leaning on it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright so the dealer backed out of doing the repair by saying it's considered normal wear and tear and ACR just agreed with them, so expect no fixes if this occurs for you. The dealer agrees that mine is "louder than normal" but still finds it "normal" by Acura/Honda terms, meaning you will all develop this rattle in time. Probably going to tighten it myself as best as I can, but just remember guys, if the car eventually falls apart around you, IT'S NORMAL!ᵀᴹ

Ref (part 20): OEM Acura MDX 5-DOOR 2016 FRONT CONSOLE parts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've fixed 2 rattles in mine - can you describe whats rattling in yours? One was more like a buzz, that would vanish if I pushed down on it. That was fixed by a piece of foam tape where the two pieces of plastic meet. I will take photos later.

The 2nd was more like a clicking noise, that turned out to be the little plastic hooks that click into place when lowered. I fixed that by placing tape inside the inserts so that the hooks did not click against them when going over rough pavement.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks like the bolts are getting loose and the inside tray portion rattles when the armrest is retracted. I'm trying to find the right torx size to tighten everything up, but I found it pretty interesting that two dealerships said that they couldn't fix it. It may also be the track portion, but I haven't checked that far yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it looks like the bolts are getting loose and the inside tray portion rattles when the armrest is retracted. I'm trying to find the right torx size to tighten everything up, but I found it pretty interesting that two dealerships said that they couldn't fix it. It may also be the track portion, but I haven't checked that far yet.
I have the same issue in my 2014 MDX, it looks like the bolts along the track are loose. Any suggestions on how to get in there to tighten?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have the center console slider rattle. I tried taking it apart but after removing the four visible screws, it doesn't come apart. Has any body taken this apart?? How do you access the slider/inside. Thanks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts